RPSI Craven Coach set

Rate this topic

Noel

39 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Bit closer WB, its an Island alright and begins with T.

Only one that comes to mind here is Tory, unless you are coming the cute hoor that you rebels are and its something like

The Lake Isle of Innishfree or The Arran Islands........

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 6:09 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

Hi All.

I have been reading this forum for a long time, but never signed up to post before now.

For anybody wondering, the RPSI still have some of their blue and cream Cravens coaches available.

I received a set in the post today, and I am a loooooong way from Ireland.

They are stunning!

2019-07-24 20.38.41.jpg

Hey, do you have a link to buy these as i wouldnt mind a set myself, thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ganderino said:

Hi @ganderino, here is the link to the RPSI shop.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, Georgeconna said:

Bit closer WB, its an Island alright and begins with T.

Aaaaargh, there's a spy in the midst!

Yes, Tenerife, Canary Islands - not quite as exotic or distant as:

On 7/24/2019 at 11:00 PM, Warbonnet said:

Very nice DJ, you’re not based in the Galápagos Islands by any chance, are you?

...but still far enough when you get a craving for Superquinn sausages, Tayto, King, Club Orange, red lemonade or cream soda...

Not exactly islands with a rich railway heritage, but we have trams (Alstom Citadis 302's), a handful of abandoned mine railways, had trams from about 1880 until about 1950, had a light dock railway, and there are talks ongoing about constructing a 1435mm gauge railway with two lines.

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, on the other hand, almost had a real railway built back in the seventies. They, too, are considering building a railway, but are talking about using 1668mm gauge.

8 hours ago, ganderino said:

Anyhow, back on topic, my second set of RPSI Craven's arrived yesterday! Absolutely delighted!!!

2019-07-27 11.48.04.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, DiveController said:

Are they identical sets? I think there was talk of a potentially a second set of three if/when the first sold out, which they obviously haven't yet? I have a set somewhere..... 

the second set has not been commisoned yet the original idea was the first set sells out then a second set is brought out but to date it hasn't seen the light of day

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 10:34 PM, mphoey said:

the second set has not been commisoned yet the original idea was the first set sells out then a second set is brought out but to date it hasn't seen the light of day

When I bought my sets, relatively recently, there were only something like four more sets left in stock, and the RPSI were considering their options as to a further set.

On 7/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, DiveController said:

Are they identical sets? I think there was talk of a potentially a second set of three if/when the first sold out, which they obviously haven't yet? I have a set somewhere..... 

Yes, identical sets, to satisfy my OCD and to allow me run a longer rake. With both buffet cars facing opposite directions, and ignoring the running numbers, two sets look lovely on the track together.

• Like 1