LISNEAL ROAD

Rate this topic

LISNEAL ROAD

A new layout in 4mm scale on three base boards each measuring 4ft long and 1ft 8ins wide having a double track approach from fiddle yard to platforms 1 & 2 with sidings into a loco depot having a 3 road maintenance shed, a two road shed for body repairs and painting, fuelling point and wash area and stabling point, The third board not shown is the storage roads.TDR

image.thumb.png.e81a432ddec37574e6f134f08833cb92.png

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All. Quick up date on Lisneal Road Layout
Some pictures of the track components in place on two of the boards to test the look and make sure it all fits. Folding legs are currently under construction, and will be fixed in place with the back scene boards. Actual laying of the track hopefully will begin by the end of the month.

LR2 (1).jpg

LR2 (2).jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

LISNEAL ROAD
Hi everybody
Just a quick update as track laying should start very shortly on the layout, I have had this point work expertly constructed for me and its been tested on DC and DCC and works perfectly. Very pleased with the workmanship, this will also save about 5 inches on the length should I had used separate points. Its total length is 465mm and also been constructed to Peco centres at 51mm. The difference can be seen in the pictures of the compactness of this piece of work

003.jpg

004.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Derry Road said:

Noel, this is made from Peco points and is one piece, the joints and I can only see two, are difficult to spot. The builder makes different varations as well as taking commissions for other configurations, TDR

Thanks for info. That is most resourceful and impressive work on the part of the builder. Looks great.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi All Just a quick note and some pictures of a new layout I'm working on. Its 8ft x 18ins, and in two pieces, I have been struggling with a track plan for well over a year and the initial plan was a bit ambitious, so after working out a final plan here it is, featuring a 3 road shed , paint shop and fuelling point. Power is by DCC and I’ve soldered all track joints except those fitted with insulation fish plates.Although its at an early stage I hope to have this ready for exhibitions next year.

LN 1.jpg

LN 2.jpg

LN 3.jpg

LN 4.jpg

LN 5.jpg

LN 6.jpg

• Like 9

Couple of pictures of the progress thus far, showing Lisneal Road TMD structures, 3 road engine shed, paint shop and office/stores in their plotted positions. Fuel point also in position although in basic form. All buildings and structures are yet to be painted and detailed interiors aswell as outside etc.

TDR

LN 8.jpg

LN 9.jpg

LN 10.jpg

LN 11.jpg

LN 12.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/28/2020 at 5:26 PM, jhb171achill said:

I love that shed with the NIR logo. Is that a raised logo or painted on? Where did you get it or is it scratch-built?

Thank you for your query, The NIR Logo was traced onto 40thou plasticard from a loco transfer, cut out  and painted, then glued on. It is the same thickness as the red band around the shed to match.

TDR

Edited by The Derry Road
  • Like 1

Whilst waiting for parts and materials for the layout in the post, and having watched a video on Cheekytec's channel on you tube. I gathered up bits and pieces from my brass odds and ends box and made a Locomotive workshop stand for the shed, requires a little touch from the grinder, cleaning and painted to finish.

TDR

LN 23.jpg

LN 24.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of pictures of current stage of construction of layout. Hard standing all provisionally in place, drains, cable trunking, relay boxes, point motors and pathways in place. Oil tank scratch built from 35mm pvc waste pipe with ends from a Dapol prestwin wagon fitted walls constructed from Wills cement render and block plasticard. Track rust painted. All fixtures and fitting are by no means finished and require further detailing. Shed also having side windows fitted.

TDR

LN 31.jpg

LN 32.jpg

• Like 13

Hi All, Killing time in lock down. Some items made up of scrap bits to represent a lathe, drill press and a work surface storage cupboard for the loco shed interior. Other items changed to represent NIR vans and skips for the shed area. A bit crude but look the part from a distance.

TDR

LN 33.jpg

LN 34.jpg

LN 35.jpg

LN 36.jpg

LN 37.jpg

LN 38.jpg

• Like 9

Hi All, Good progress this week so far on the layout. Loco shed floor painted and roller doors in place, interior almost ready for fitting out with LED lighting, lockers, shelving, bench, drill press, lathe, and associated equipment etc, also power cable trunking/ isolation box detail and signage.

TDR

LN 39.jpg

LN 41.jpg

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

Hi All Just a quick update, Thank you to anyone whom commented. I’m Very Pleased with all the positive and encouraging comments on the layout. For anybody seeking to know how it was done. Today I fitted the interior lights. Picture 1 shows the frame work with the LEDs and resistors, The shed then fits over snugly to allow for any maintenance/repair work to be easily accessed. Some pics of lights working. Last two pics are taken with workshop lighting off.

TDR

LN 43.jpg

LN 44.jpg

LN 45.jpg

LN 46.jpg

LN 47.jpg

Edited by The Derry Road
  • Like 10
  • WOW! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All, At last some loco movement on the layout, Tricky trying to hold phone whilst recording in one hand and the control throttle in the other and watch what your doing, some pictures of layout also and a running video although a bit random. Locos 112 in for routine service and 102 hunslet in for overhaul and new windows and lights. TDR

LN 53.jpg

LN 55.jpg

LN 57.jpg

LN 58.jpg

• Like 6

Hi All, Whilst killing time waiting on bits and pieces to arrive by mail/post, I made a start on the layout population, most have been repainted. There are 56 figures in total, in various poses and positions such as track and yard maintenance crews suitably dresses in Hi Vis P,P,E, workshop technicians and fitters, depot cleaners, Supervisory, office and managerial staff, and visitors. All of course observing Social Distancing. TDR

1842713258_LN59.thumb.jpg.415d50ed2d07f1ec002c4a2180798890.jpg

LN 58.jpg

LN 60.jpg

LN 61.jpg

LN 62.jpg

LN 63.jpg

LN 64.jpg

LN65.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 months later...