Drone train footage shame on ye all....

Rate this topic

WaYSidE

shame on ttc0169 U posted an amazing drone pic of timber wagons in topic/7198-drones-and-civil-aviation/ in an outta the way post.

WHY cant we have more of drone pics! especially steam engines  :)

i have only seen this one pic of a train from a drone, shame shame shame, i  shall go search for more

shame on all ye modellers for not noticing this pic, and liking it, and sharing it,,, this is the way to go, ....wow

i think one of the best pics i have seen about trains,, it will put an end to that often used comment, "the base board has to be at a certain height to be realistic",

now even models on the floormat will be acceptable, its a whole new perspective on modelling

IMG_8078.JPG

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

The backscene on the left is remarkable, for a couple of moments I thought it was a model. Still I'll keep my baseboard high up, get a stiff neck looking down with all this hellicoptor vision.

Yip when I first saw it I too wondered if it was a model :) Great photo. This is the typical birds eye view operators get when running trains on a layout. 

1 hour ago, David Holman said:

The loco is way too clean and would benefit from a bit of weathering. Unless the owners are intent on keeping it in out of the box condition of course!

Indeed And yet they managed to fit a knuckle coupling while retaining all the buffer beam detailing. :)

PS: Curious what function does the catch point serve other than killing somebody in the car park? Is it back to front?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Indeed And yet they managed to fit a knuckle coupling while retaining all the buffer beam detailing. :)

PS: Curious what function does the catch point serve other than killing somebody in the car park? Is it back to front?

Looking at the black bit between the rails at the toe end of the catch point I think its where a loco can be stabled and the catch point would protect it. There used to be a kickback siding into the old loco shed back in 2000-2005 where a loco could be left. The loop points have also been moved back into the log loading area.

Ernie

2 hours ago, Noel said:

As Westport station lies on a steep gradient falling towards the station, the catch point is situated facing where the timber train and Belmond train locomotives are stabled and in the event of the train running away it would divert the runaway from fouling or colliding with any rolling stock which may be stabled on the opposite line.

The same applies for the two other catch points which are located at the Manulla end of the station on the main and loop platform roads.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Irishswissernie said:

Looking at the black bit between the rails at the toe end of the catch point I think its where a loco can be stabled and the catch point would protect it. There used to be a kickback siding into the old loco shed back in 2000-2005 where a loco could be left. The loop points have also been moved back into the log loading area.

Ernie

Yes you are correct about the previous layout-after arrival of the last passenger train from Heuston on the main platform, the train would be propelled back out towards the Manulla end and driven to the loop where the Mk3 set was stabled for the night,

The locomotive was then uncoupled and operated to the ''dock' 'siding

• Informative 1