W&K R trespass notice?

Rate this topic

gph2000

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DERAILED said:

Another piece of nonsense on Adverts.ie today - yours for just €200.

https://www.adverts.ie/signs/sign/29164047

moyasta .png

I know that there's the old saying "let the buyer beware", and many will argue that if someone is prepared to pay a certain price for a certain thing, there ye go - it's nobody else's business.

However, this is downright FRAUD. When I come across such things, I report them as fraud to the website. What, by the way, is a "ralway"? Something to do with paint colour reference numbers?

• Like 4

A p*ss poor imitation of the bogus T&DLR notice also doing the rounds. It looks like something manufactured in a backyard Chinese foundry. More fool whoever buys that piece of junk. Websites hosting these dont care even if they are reported unless they are human body parts or associated with a failed Austrian artist.

Edited by minister_for_hardship

• 6 months later...

Another old friend resurfaced at Victor Mee's Belturbet saleroom this evening and was knocked down for €110 plus commission to the unwary buyer. About €110 more than it's worth.

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/153186f6687a445cee0fab5fb251f2fc/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/august-decorative-advertising-pub-memorabilia-and-collecti/

DNGR SIGN.png

11 minutes ago, DERAILED said:

Another old friend resurfaced at Victor Mee's Belturbet saleroom this evening and was knocked down for €110 plus commission to the unwary buyer. About €110 more than it's worth.

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalogue/153186f6687a445cee0fab5fb251f2fc/0af8d24542e81eb9357e7ef448a6646f/august-decorative-advertising-pub-memorabilia-and-collecti/

DNGR SIGN.png

Disgusting. Auction houses sometimes are accessories to fraud. This monstrosity is somewhat less genuine than a rancid cabbage posing as an Elizabethan wardrobe. Even a non-railway auctioneer will be well aware that this was 3D printed by Billy Bob in his kitchen a few Fridays ago. I'd be half inclined to contact the auctioneer and tell them that.............  and of course, it has to have a "1916" in it too.

That wasn't as interesting as the detonators(they weren't described as such),that were originally listed as an lot in the initial auction listing. They were taken down by the following morning🤣. Fair to say that they're not railway experts.

The Bundoran Junction cabin diagram was interesting, went for €850

Edited by bufferstop
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bufferstop said:

That wasn't as interesting as the detonators(they weren't described as such),that were originally listed as an lot in the initial auction listing. They were taken down by the following morning🤣. Fair to say that they're not railway experts.

The Bundoran Junction cabin diagram was interesting, went for €850

They are clueless, like many antique auctioneers here, spoofers, making it up as they go along. Antique auctions here, with a few exceptions, have genuine articles along with fakes and "sexed up" items sprinkled into the mix designed to confuse. Genuine, but humdrum items with modern stuck-on bogus lettering to make them more attractive for sale. It's fun to spot how they get their descriptions wildly incorrect or even things photographed upside down. Non railway items described as "railway" this or that because they have a notion that railway things make more money.

Buyer beware are the watchwords here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Latest addition:
Will be going in the dishwasher as soon as she turns her back!

image.thumb.jpeg.082fa34dd84d28135a99092e209edf05.jpeg

Cast iron 'engine' plate according to the catalogue!

I went a bit mad and bought the Attymon Junction/Loughrea staff - a nice souvenir for me never having managed a trip on the branch. Who knows, I might even hold on to it but probably not.

Loughrea Staff.png

• Like 4

On 2/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, airfixfan said:

Burtonport Cork and Enniskillen Railway?

That's the one. It was narrow gauge as far as Cork, but the Enniskillen bit gradually widened out along the way.

28 minutes ago, DERAILED said:

Cast iron 'engine' plate according to the catalogue!

I went a bit mad and bought the Attymon Junction/Loughrea staff - a nice souvenir for me never having managed a trip on the branch. Who knows, I might even hold on to it but probably not.

Loughrea Staff.png

Now THAT is nice. Perhaps you might send me a pic of it without the label for the Loughrea book? Looks in nice condition..... Sean Browne has another in Castlerea.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:57 PM, jhb171achill said:

That's the one. It was narrow gauge as far as Cork, but the Enniskillen bit gradually widened out along the way.

Now THAT is nice. Perhaps you might send me a pic of it without the label for the Loughrea book? Looks in nice condition..... Sean Browne has another in Castlerea.

Will do when it finally arrives - coming by GLS from Cavan.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

So it wasnt an Engine plate after all.
Rub of a smelly cloth and this appeared
Back of plate would suggest it was a bridge plate and possibly from the Derry Road?

image.thumb.jpeg.062e6e1ffbc1f9d1a3bc847520215a8b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.59273d6e8f03d8e7967147575d39b623.jpeg

Bridge plate, but could be from anywhere on GNRI where there was a bridge no 25.

"Engine plate", auctioneer numpties wouldn't know an engine plate if it dropped on their toes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minister_for_hardship said:

Anyone intending to bid on this, don't. It's scrap.

Screenshot_20230821-145058_Chrome.jpg

Certainly is. Another ridiculous dud.

On 15/8/2023 at 8:15 AM, airfixfan said:

Somebody in Donegal.must be churning these out in some workplace. Seen in Donegal Town last night.

20230813_201712.jpg

Sure dont you know that's the Jenn-you-wine Bombay, Calcutta & Enniskillen Railway?

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Certainly is. Another ridiculous dud.

Sure dont you know that's the Jenn-you-wine Bombay, Calcutta & Enniskillen Railway?

That same sign also seen in a bar in Killybegs last Tuesday.  3 duds in 3 different Donegal locations within the last 4 weeks!

• Like 1