project 42 update please

Rate this topic

mphoey

now that most of project 42 is done with only the weedsprayer and spoils to go which we assume cant be too far away now . Will IRM be doing other freight lines or concentrating on passenger stock next.  2020 has been an interesting year but i guess irm will make 2021 even better and without a lockdown hopefully

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mphoey said:

now that most of project 42 is done with only the weedsprayer and spoils to go which we assume cant be too far away now . Will IRM be doing other freight lines or concentrating on passenger stock next.  2020 has been an interesting year but i guess irm will make 2021 even better and without a lockdown hopefully

You will just have to wait and see! Don't forget the As too, a massive project! 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

You will just have to wait and see! Don't forget the As too, a massive project! 

Ah Fran don't you realise if you raised the bar as high as you four have, expectations simply rise with the tide,  and "please sir can I have some more" with little tolerance for anything less than the perfection we've become recently accustomed to. There may be some disappointed if the windscreen wipers on the A don't actually operate (when its raining indoors). :) :) Now looking forward to some pre-cravens era coaching stock done to IRM/AS supreme standards with working oil lamps and candles. Please never a yo-yo.

25 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

We will be releasing the Spoil Wagons and the Weedsprayer as well as packs of unloaded flats, and the gigantic A class run and another large project before summers end and then something else too. 😀

Looking forward to the Deltic and CL37 too. 👍

18 minutes ago, Look-its-evan said:

Cement Bogies/Pallet Wagons and beet wagons would be amazing. Those 3 would be amazing. They also say "THREE" is the magic number 😉

Past patterns suggest they like to choose a chassis that can be used in multiple incarnations, and stock that ran in uniform rakes so that folks might buy a rake of wagons rather than just a few of this and a few of that. Good business economics. The mk3 push pull sets would make sense for the 121s, or indeed the existing 201s. But standard little tension lock couplings won't work reliably for pushing six mk3 coaches. I'm sure all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

19 minutes ago, Noel said:

. But standard little tension lock couplings won't work reliably for pushing six mk3 coaches. I'm sure all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

They have that sused with the TPE Mk5 push pull sets they are working on right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

We will be releasing the Spoil Wagons and the Weedsprayer as well as packs of unloaded flats, and the gigantic A class run and another large project before summers end and then something else too. 😀

thanks for that update i assume the unloaded flats are new numbers

38 minutes ago, Railer said:

Has to be Mk3 push pull sets to go with the IR and IE 121s. 

I'm sure another part of the weed spray train too.. cough cough.... Mk1GSV cough.

:)

they keep saying no to that one as theres 2 different mk1 gsv types

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 7:04 PM, Railer said:

Has to be Mk3 push pull sets to go with the IR and IE 121s. 

I'm sure another part of the weed spray train too.. cough cough.... Mk1GSV cough.

:)

I'd love some Mk3's and a DVT...

But I'd also love to see something railcar based, ie a DART, an Arrow etc.

My layout is just a board that slides under the bed, nothing more, and a two / three / four car passenger unit would be ideal for that.

Come to think of it, a powered two-car unit expandable with unpowered two-car units would be ideal.

• Like 1