Connolly Station in "N"

Rate this topic

driver301

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Exceptional. Bless your eyesight, that is superb. I'm new on the forum and still catching up on some amazing content like this. What another great find and read. I love how you have captured the atmosphere and essence of that part of the city. Many a train did I get to Galway from Connelly (Amiens Street) as a youngster.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the comments lads. More pictures will follow in the next few days.

@Schalane: The method I use for the buildings is very simple but time consuming. I simply draw the desired building wall by wall onto mount board/framing card using a fine tipped pen. I apply enough pressure with the pen that once I am finished the drawing process that the card is actually "scored" I simply cut out the windows doors etc & then paint the walls. Once painted the score lines show through which gives a 3d style effect. That is it in a nutshell, I wouldn't recommend it for mass production of buildings however for the Connolly model where there is only 3 or 4 that requires it then it is fine. Hope this answers your question.

• 1 month later...

Another Connolly update folks.

The layout is now about 80% complete. As you can see I had to shorten up things on the northern end particularly around the locomotive/valeting depot. I think I still managed to get everything in without looking too cluttered......then again maybe I'm looking through tinted glasses:cool:

Platforms 6+7 are on the hit list next along with the OCS. Once that is done I will probably add some sort of lighting gantry & finally scratchbuild some stock ie Dart/Enterprise etc.

I will post more updates as needed. For the time being here are a few pictures of progress.

Overall View.jpg

Side View Overall.jpg

Platform 5 6 7.jpg

Shed + Depot.jpg

Amiens Street Bridge.jpg