Jump to content

Galteemore

Members
  • Posts

    5,004
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    59

Everything posted by Galteemore

  1. Welcome back David - or should that be ‘sir’? Looks a good tip with the brick sheet
  2. Wonderful. The original, I think, resulted from an unemployment relief project to double Whitehead-Carrick, a project that was reversed about 70 years later!
  3. I’m opening just such a box of doom myself Paul, with the intent to progress it over Christmas. Fair point about the detail- one gets away with a fair amount of leeway in 7mm! Sorry to hear that you have OCD - having had some encounters with sufferers, it’s a very debilitating and often misunderstood condition and I hope that modelling gives you some respite from it.
  4. Could probably do your own resin castings quite easily. I’ve done it for railbus wheels
  5. Fab, shows some of F6 variations too. I don’t especially like the cut down tanks on 36!
  6. Yes, I’m interested in this as I’m about to make a 1700 gallon tender in original form. These shots are most useful thanks!
  7. Most interesting. Remains of a 1700 gallon tender being put to good use!
  8. Sounds like a typical day in the Glen of Imaal
  9. Looks really good. Iain Rice recommends a coating of talc on such things to blend all the colours together
  10. Looks great Paul. I agree that the lower bit would look better left plain. I think the Irish signage is great for shows and will show it’s not your usual SLT or BR depot! On the RH panel a photo or two and simple route map would look well
  11. That’s most interesting FS, many thanks. As you can probably guess, we didn’t really touch on Irish at my school….
  12. Like this - courtesy of a post elsewhere on forum by @minister_for_hardship
  13. Yes that sign will be a nice touch. Option 3 would look good in white writing on black - and translated into Irish. Something like ‘muileann na ceathrún baile’. That’s the GSR look …went for that on my first Irish layout !
  14. Richard Ellis Hobbs produced a 3d JT class already I think ? Pic below. Could be an interesting proposition either way for 21mm gauge. I had to grind away large parts inside the tanks of the of mine in 7mm to fit 5’3” in.
  15. Fab. An order duly placed! From long experience, it’s one of the best ways to support preservation.
  16. In terms of extra parts….All you will get are flat etches of sides, ends, floor and footboards - and hopefully a chassis etch. You’ll need wheels/bearings, buffers, vac pipes, couplings/NEM pockets, door handles, roof fittings, and axle guards
  17. Real master class in turning out an operationally effective, scenically delightful layout in a reasonable space. Very nicely done. Care is required though…
  18. Card kits are fab and make great templates. I used one to make the signal box I just finished.
  19. Yes it’s all most interesting. I’d say tbh that an F6 could work well as a 3d print. That footplate is very tricky to get right in brass. Got that T-shirt….
  20. These were off BP drawings I supplied. But they may be able to work off dimensions
  21. Big shout out for FK3D, a 3d printer who have done Irish stuff for me. Very helpful and reasonable. No connection other than satisfied customer etc
  22. It’s a fairly simple but clever system of wires and brackets, which should work equally well. The 2-4-0 and 2-4-2T designs have a basic sprung pony truck arrangement. The 2-2-2T has a most unusual springing arrangement with a flexible piece of brass.
  23. Looks like a spring driven device rather than pyro.
  24. Ah come on JHB you can do better than that. Surely you can flog that cannon to some of your tourists for hundreds of euro by telling them it was used by Michael Collins as a child…Seriously, some great material there for conversions . That Fowler tank is a good donor for a WT and the Compound for….well, a Compound. Schools class makes a fair VS.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use