-
Posts
5,004 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
59
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Galteemore
-
did speak to one of the operators with an impressive medal bracelet !
- 60 replies
-
Cheers @Mol_PMB. They’re by a bloke called Andy Stadden who normally does high end military figures, as indeed his father Charles did. Loco crews were not filthy in the main, and took pride in themselves as well as their steed. A bloke called Pete Armstrong did me a crew for the SG. My tank engine crews are fairly generic figures with indifferent paint finishes as it’s so dark you can only see outlines. Tender engines with open cabs need a bit more !
-
Too late for @David Holman’w last show, the PP crew appeared from the sculptor (they are a bespoke crew based on a pic of a crew at Enniskillen. I will need to experiment with placing - I think with the regulator open that far at least one should be looking ahead ! We also now have a goods guard
-
IRCH standard goods vans - wooden framed variant
Galteemore replied to Mol_PMB's topic in General Chat
-
Interesting- was sat behind you on the Sunday operating Northport Quay!
- 60 replies
-
- 1
-
-
He’s kindly making his U class 7mm for me, with a few bits for a J class too
-
He is actively engaged (as of today) in new drawing work for me. So the lights are still on!
-
I’m not entirely sure about that one! I think that some modellers (and I include myself) prefer making to having , if that makes sense. Again, that’s not a better/worse thing. I just like the process of taking a flat sheet of metal and making it look like an engine. I’ll happily subcontract chimneys and domes to a supplier (and have some 3D stuff being designed) but the joy for me lies in the construction. Takes all sorts. I suspect that scratch builders like me will just have to learn basic CAD as another skill on top of soldering etc. I suspect too, that one of the reasons Ahern and Denny’s stuff has aged so well is that their layouts are consistent - the same set of hands and eyes produced everything from buildings to bufferbeams.
-
Can be a success story if done right eg Gauge O Guild and Dingham couplings
-
He is trading. I have had several emails from him today in connection with an order
-
That’s a great little publication which I always enjoy - recommended !
-
Fabulous. Great to see a 121 north of the border again
-
Great. Thanks! Thought that might be what was required - the box giving clearance for the bolt head…but thought it’s worth asking an expert!
-
Thanks - wondered about that. So they fold up as a box and attach to coach floor?
-
After a very good day at the Gauge O Guild trade show yesterday- was good to see @Timosherry there - picked up a few bits for the coach so I can make a start. Just wondering what the circled bits are for - a reinforcement for the buffer beam? Any guidance much appreciated!
-
The irony is that 5T would probably have been better off staying in the USA. Her life since repatriation has been somewhat edgy!
-
See you soon hopefully Darius - thanks for all the inspiration delivered at speed!
-
I suspect the ‘wartime grey’ is a reference by the dealer (who has probably bought this in an estate sale and is gamely trying to work out what it is ) to the SECR wartime grey that the orginal Woolwich moguls bore, and which may have been the livery on the model used for this conversion. Looks like a WW1 SECR body stuck on a BR liveried chassis.
-
Must check out my Walter McGrath book…the only electric peat line I know of was Annaghmore.
-
-
Summer Diesel Day at Downpatrick Saturday 23rd August 2025
Galteemore replied to Niles's topic in What's On?
Brilliant news. Exciting to see Downpatrick getting back on its feet slowly but surely. I’d thought about a trip back to NI in late summer..although the 450 gives me horrible flashbacks to my school commute…. -
Great stuff David - the Dundalk massive are looking forward to it - and the Manorhamilton crew are working on something with renewed effort ….
.png.c363cdf5c3fb7955cd92a55eb6dbbae0.png)