Oil Tanker Detailing kit

Rate this topic

Weshty

Inspired by George Norman's suggestion and the Model Rail Dec.12 edition, I am putting the finishing touches to a new brass etch (sabbatical my ass!). It will superdetail the Dapol Tanker and will include:

• Side plates with ribbing
  • correct size buffers
  • walkways and supporting frames
  • spoked handwheel
  • coupling hooks
  • ladders
  • solebar detailing
  • cie solebar nameplates

Price will be c.€7 per wagon.

• 1 month later...
Guest hidden-agenda

That,s great news Des i suppose you would,nt consider a 20 foot wagon chassis would you as there is,nt a decent one available that looks correct.

That,s great news Des i suppose you would,nt consider a 20 foot wagon chassis would you as there is,nt a decent one available that looks correct.

Hidden-G,

We're barely at the end of the first week of Jan and I am designing so much already (despite promising myself a sabbatical after the Sulzer...arrrgh!!) that the 20' is not currently high on the agends. I think Mayner and Dave Kavanagh have some 20 footers cooking in the pipeline?

If they don't...then maybe somestage in the future. ;-)

Weshty.

Guest hidden-agenda
Hidden-G,

We're barely at the end of the first week of Jan and I am designing so much already (despite promising myself a sabbatical after the Sulzer...arrrgh!!) that the 20' is not currently high on the agends. I think Mayner and Dave Kavanagh have some 20 footers cooking in the pipeline?

If they don't...then maybe somestage in the future. ;-)

Weshty.

Right so your planning a two week break on your boat in the Algarve.=))

Hi all.

You will be delighted to know that three etches have now been sent off for check and approval to the manufacturers this morning.

-Oil Tanker detailing

-Pocketwagon detailing

-New Cement Bubble detailing

The draft sheets have been returned to me already and I will be able to check them this evening.

Once confirmed, they should be available for purchase in three weeks.

How long before they're ready Des

All etch patterns have been finalised and approved as of yesterday, so they will be ready to ship out to customers by Friday the 15th of February.

I have also added the option of purchasing the Burma square type catwalk to the etch. The website will be updated with details shortly.