wanted: mk2 fk

Rate this topic

Sean

The big issue im having with the ebay ones is that by the time you pay for the coach, individual postage and another 6-10 pounds on the global shipping program tax its getting to be 40-50 euro per coach, very few sellers seem to want to even combine postage into the eu anymore. one guy has a load of them for sale at a good price but then he decided "im going to take off all the bogies and sell them seperately for a ridiculous price."

I used to love ebay and "free UK shipping" to parcel motel. used to be able to grab loads of bargains that way.

The bachmann ones, although perfect for what im doing I just cant justify spending what is being asked for them for a "my first respray" project.

Thats ideal IM, pretty sure i had scoured the hattons site over the weekend and couldnt see that one.

• Like 1

What ones are you looking for Mk2a or Mk2b do you want to covert them IE /NIR, here is a Lima Mk2b FK ideal for IE 4109,4401 & 4402 and not to expensive. An ideal coach to experiment with.

Lima L305301-PO86 Mk 2B FK first corridor W13493 in BR blue/grey - (hattons.co.uk)

And here is a great article about up grading the humble Lima Mk2.

Lima Mk2 Improvements - Model Railways On-Line (mrol.com.au)

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Like 2

good article that. is there any way to get a modern set of bogies under one without spending the earth? dapol maybe?

ive gotten some bachmann 2a and want to do a few of the other mk2 varients to compliment them.

Edited by Sean

Check out Peters spares he has packs of finer profile coach wheel sets with lima length axles and they are very good - I have them under most of my lima vehicles.  The big tlc coupler can be cut off leaving a mounting plate for a Kaydee no 5- use a small screw through coupler box into the lima plastic - or whetever as glue does not take well.  This gives a cheap upgrade with out going down the road of new bogie mounts etc.   The Replica and Southern pride B4 bogies are very good if you want to go down other roads.       

Robert 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Check out Peters spares he has packs of finer profile coach wheel sets with lima length axles and they are very good - I have them under most of my lima vehicles.  The big tlc coupler can be cut off leaving a mounting plate for a Kaydee no 5- use a small screw through coupler box into the lima plastic - or whetever as glue does not take well.  This gives a cheap upgrade with out going down the road of new bogie mounts etc.   The Replica and Southern pride B4 bogies are very good if you want to go down other roads.       

Robert 

Yes I have done this too but also reverse the B4 bogie they are the wrong way around on the original model.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Of course the IRM Mk2b's already have the most Accurascale B4 and B5 bogies ever made, and are even spaced correctly for 21mm.

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/mark-2-coaches/products/nir-mk2b-pack-corporate-intercity-3

Oh yes but not as of yet available in IR/IE livery ...............................

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Of course the IRM Mk2b's already have the most Accurascale B4 and B5 bogies ever made, and are even spaced correctly for 21mm.

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/mark-2-coaches/products/nir-mk2b-pack-corporate-intercity-3

When are the orange ones coming out? 😅 (or seperate bogies ;))

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Galteemore said:

If Nelson had won the Battle Of Santa Cruz in 1797 the Canaries might now fall under eBay UK! 

Well, they kind of got Los Cristianos in the end, albeit closer to 1997!

🤣

Waaay off topic, but a Canarian colleague visited Dublin recently, and said that it rained for the whole three days, and the waves at sea were a metre tall. Demanded to know how anybody can live in those conditions. I told him to go back again in December.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2