078 Hattons

Rate this topic

gm171 kk

2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

It has sold!

Think IRM may need to get their own 071 / 111 on the shelves before the 800 if they're going for those kind of prices!

Wouldn’t be surprised if a certain someone had it on eBay for Β£450 plus Β£25 shipping by next week! Not sure if Hattons started checking eBay for priced but their pre owned has gone pricey the last while, they had cravens in the original livery at Β£96 for ages, think they sold 2 at that price but there’s one still up..Β 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

26 minutes ago, ak425 said:

300 quid for a used model, add on the customs charges and the An Post charge and the BritishΒ  postage cost.Β Β 

Well Β£299 is pricey to begin with, and there will be postage to Ireland (think its about a fiver if I recall correctly), so its too pricey for meΒ  .... but in fairness to Hattons they are VAT registered for Ireland so there shouldn't be any customs charges or An Post charges to worry about

But someone somewhere thinks its worth itΒ πŸ™‚

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if a certain someone had it on eBay for Β£450 plus Β£25 shipping by next week! Not sure if Hattons started checking eBay for priced but their pre owned has gone pricey the last while, they had cravens in the original livery at Β£96 for ages, think they sold 2 at that price but there’s one still up..Β 

Β 

Hattons are OFF THE RAILS with their Irish pricing.

Usually stupidly expensive but I picked up a 141 from them yesterday for Β£77. Think that the VAT price was Β£93, just under the price for the third of the three Β£95 Cravens, but that's not important, VAT is for chumps anyway.

Just before the three Β£95 Cravens, they had one for Β£30 something. Might have been two months beforehand.

They tend to have a few Irish items at stupid prices, then one at a good price, then repeat...

1 minute ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Β 

Hattons are OFF THE RAILS with their Irish pricing.

They tend to have a few Irish items at stupid prices, then one at a good price, then repeat...

Seems that way to me too ... I picked up 088 from them (a year ago mind) for less than half the price they had 078 up for

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Was just coming on here to post that, great minds think alike..

Fairly sure that’s one of the dickey mk2ds that didn’t sell for ages as there was a livery issueΒ 

Β 

One of the fuzzy line ones? I thought that the fuzzy line batch had odd numbers and the re-sprays had even numbers?

Crazy Cravens still available, but probably not for long.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1027808/murphy_models_mm1149_po05_irish_cravens_1st_class_coach_in_original_livery_pre_owned_very_good_box/stockdetail

Β 

Screenshot_20221208-180011.png

14 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Those are the same ones back again, likely someone had them in their trunk.. When you click the adds, they were listed on the 6/12.. Maybe someone realized they had over paid!

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, MOGUL said:

Those are the same ones back again, likely someone had them in their trunk.. When you click the adds, they were listed on the 6/12.. Maybe someone realized they had over paid!

Β 

Different description to the first one, though.

That one was PO-01. These two are PO and PO-02.

And there are two instead of one.

Maybe they were listed together but not published as Hattons are trying to tease out the spending...

Β 

Ooh, an Irish coach for the same price as a loco, I'll buy that!

I want more, but there is only one, so I'll buy some oher junk instead...

Then a few days later...

Oooooh, another Irish coach, but only two this time, I'll buy some more junk at the same time!