Hornby A Model World

Rate this topic

popeye

2 hours ago, Broithe said:

Hornby, a model world - are we really sure it was about trains?

It could have been about Twiggy, the model formerly known as Lesley Hornby...

HEART OF ENGLAND — LESLEY HORNBY

My late aunt, never a lady to keep her opinions private, used to say of people like Twiggy (AND me, AND one of my sisters)…..

”They’re built like pencils”…. or…. “You’ve legs like a couple of pencils”!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

My late aunt, never a lady to keep her opinions private, used to say of people like Twiggy (AND me, AND one of my sisters)…..

”They’re built like pencils”…. or…. “You’ve legs like a couple of pencils”!!

Getting my second Covid jab - and being stabbed by someone with the same name as me, which must have made the paperwork look odd - I was told "My mother would make you eat a sack of spuds!"

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

8 hours ago, Broithe said:

Getting my second Covid jab - and being stabbed by someone with the same name as me, which must have made the paperwork look odd

Ah, so you live in the Norwich area. I got stabbed just before Christmas by District Nurse Broithe. Got to be one and the same surely or is there more than one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irishmail said:

Could have been worse and been in Luton like me lol.  :)    Lincolnshire's not that bad in comparison, and yes Norfolk is nice.

Ah, but you had the lure of the Hatters on Kenilworth Road - I had two buses a week to the outside world, if it was still there.

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Galteemore said:

Rest assured, when I left D6 to cross the Liffey, I was heading home to a very northern latitude - north of Dundalk never mind Drumcondra….

Its all relative the halfpenny looking down on the farthing.

Growing up in Crumlin I was always reminded that many of us were originally from the Northside or in Brendan Behan's immortal words about being forced to move from Rutland Street to Kildare Road "to hell or Kimmage"

My mother was from the North Innercity whose family considered D12 as out in the Country, my father's family from Mayo who gradually migrated eastwards as time changed from the 1920s.

In the end I met a strange lady who took me in and we moved far-far away though I don't eat Vegemite.

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

Just looked in the TV mag that came with the snooze paper, it is supposed to be on this coming Monday at 8pm channel 27. This is after two episodes from the late Fred (do you like that) Dibnah at 7pm and is followed by The Architecture The Railways Built with Tim Dunn.

The trouble is I am hooked into an America TV show called the Blacklist on freeview channel 21 or 5 USA after 9.00pm can be a bit gorey.     

Edited by Colin R
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1