Des Sullivan on the forum

Rate this question

Peter

Question

21 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Hi folks,

I'm just wondering if Des Sullivan is active on the forum? If he is, does anyone know his username? I'm trying to get a couple of packs of n gauge transfers. 

Cheers, Peter 

You'd have a better chance by contacting him through his website email, he does take time to respond......

Eoin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsetan said:

Over the weekend, I've had two people asking me about Des Sullivan @Weshty. Both want to buy his 800 class kits, but it seems he's not answering website e-mails.

I hope nothing's happened to him.

My understanding is that he has other commitments and will reply as he gets a chance. I last got stuff from him about 18 months ago and he replied thre and then when I emailed him.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

My understanding is that he has other commitments and will reply as he gets a chance. I last got stuff from him about 18 months ago and he replied thre and then when I emailed him.

I'll send him an e-mail anyway with the contact details of the potential customers 

• Like 1

I think that might be the case. I’m still waiting for an invoice for a J26 I would have loved to have gotten, but looks like I will never get! That was some 2 years ago. 

with many people reporting the same thing I would say that either there are no more kits or kit making\selling has ceased for the time being and may return in the future 

if this is truly the end of SSM then I say thanks for the kits over the years that were for the most part superb and helped me get a bandon tank!

On 18/9/2023 at 2:31 PM, Horsetan said:

I'll send him an e-mail anyway with the contact details of the potential customers 

I have had a reply!

It seems he is preparing a new batch of the GSR 800 kits, so the potential customers that I referred to Des could end up happy. He confirmed he had received their e-mail separately and had replied to them individually.

• Informative 2

On 20/10/2023 at 10:25 PM, Phil3150 said:

I got some transfers from him last month - no problem

32 minutes ago, Horsetan said:

I have had a reply!

It seems he is preparing a new batch of the GSR 800 kits, so the potential customers that I referred to Des could end up happy. He confirmed he had received their e-mail separately and had replied to them individually.

Excellent news!

If he's back in contact with customers again, hopefully I'll get a reply, too.

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

What’s worse is that I think I have it on my old phone….just never thaught to look there!

You frikkin' kids!

That's a Simpsons reference, probably from before you were born, though. Jaysus.

😂😂😂😂😂

I offered him a 70% discount on accommodation for the next five years in return for scaling his 42' bogies up to O Gauge and he jumped at the chance, rang me and told me I can call him any hour, day or night.