Knockseo Junction

Rate this topic

Gabhal Luimnigh

32 minutes ago, derek said:

Especially this year. Total washout🙄

Don't be so pessimistic, lads. The summer wasn't a total washout. We had a few days of heavy rain in December, then it was more or less clear until last week. We had a few days light rain when the forest fires were at their worst, and nobody could have complained about that.

Oh, wait, you mean up there, not down here!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Funny 1

On 15/4/2023 at 7:36 PM, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

School bus on the hill roadIMG_20230415_192707.thumb.jpg.44c311ac651404136c3e1cadd325665d.jpg

Denis, where did you get the "bus scoile"?. Off the shelf or did you have to do a bit of tinkering? Oh and I notice the layout title is still the same. Personally I see nothing wrong with  Joehill Junction.

2 minutes ago, derek said:

Denis, where did you get the "bus scoile"?. Off the shelf or did you have to do a bit of tinkering? Oh and I notice the layout title is still the same. Personally I see nothing wrong with  Joehill Junction.

Hi Derek, I bought a little Siku red bus and had a go at brush painting, I think I have another one if you want it? Does Joehill Junction not sound very English railway? 

Another question, how does one change the title? 🤔

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Broithe said:

If it's a thread that you started, you can edit the title by placing the cursor over it and holding a left-click - it will then give you the means to alter the text.

Broithe, how do you pronounce your user name? Is it B ROAD EH  or B RIDD EH?  Each time I read it I read it differently. I know, overthinking things.🙄 I just need to get it straight in my head.

• Funny 1

26 minutes ago, derek said:

Broithe, how do you pronounce your user name? Is it B ROAD EH  or B RIDD EH?  Each time I read it I read it differently. I know, overthinking things.🙄 I just need to get it straight in my head.

Brophy would do. (Not that I am one).

DSC_0893.thumb.JPG.49c2558812f5422d7a36a48092378eee.JPG

22 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

How do you do that with the phone? 🤔

I still run a Nokia 3510 - I'm not the best person to ask about these scratchy phone things...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

At long last I have something running! It's a British Fowler that I got as a present years ago and I chipped it, now I can progress with the scenery.

Lovely Denis. The viaduct looks great. Didn,t realise you had such a long running area. ( Didn,t pick that up from your previous posts). Is it continuous, all the way around the room, or does it come to a stop somewhere?. Also, I spy a hacksaw blade on the shelf. My favourite bit of gear for destruction and construction alike😃

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, derek said:

Lovely Denis. The viaduct looks great. Didn,t realise you had such a long running area. ( Didn,t pick that up from your previous posts). Is it continuous, all the way around the room, or does it come to a stop somewhere?. Also, I spy a hacksaw blade on the shelf. My favourite bit of gear for destruction and construction alike😃

It's continuous Derek, I am using about two thirds of the room, plans ahead for expansion, the cliff tunnel area is slightly raised and I use a mechanic's trolley stool for sitting on and wheeling myself in under, that won't continue but I just wanted to get used to running stock and sorting wiring etc first, also practising scenic work too.

PS that's a 600mm ruler on the shelf 🤭

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, LARNE CABIN said:

Hi Gabhal, nice setup and yes you are privileged to have the space! A lot of us would love to have that space! What's with the clocks? At first I thought you had a collection, but on closer inspection I see that it's wallpaper! Best of luck with changes.

Thanks lad, the clocks mean nothing, it's just a roll of wallpaper I used to tidy up old sheets of board.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2023 at 3:05 PM, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Major changes afoot starting today, even though the duck under area worked, my aching body won't, so I plan to totally redesign the east end of the layout, I know I know etc etc but hindsight is great, 75% of the layout will remain intact and I'm privileged really to have the space to do the changes, here goes.....🤞

IMG_20231020_145325.jpg

IMG_20231020_145351.jpg

What Denis!!!!???? Are you crazy, ripping up an old part of your layout, just to start over. ?? ...... Oh no, wait.........😀

• Funny 1