Knockseo Junction

Rate this topic

Gabhal Luimnigh

40 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

What would I put in that yard? Would it be a road type surface or gravel? Good idea by the way. 👍

Rough ground, tyre tracks, stored machinery, a heap of ballast, sleepers, odd off-cuts of rail, track panels, a little shed for the lads,...

Edited by Broithe
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Rough ground, tyre tracks, stored machinery, a heap of ballast, sleepers, odd off-cuts of rail, track panels, a little shed for the lads,...

I would go with a permanent way yard-extend the siding that the wagons are parked on and have a ballast loading point there and the above as Broithe has already stated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

I would go with a permanent way yard-extend the siding that the wagons are parked on and have a ballast loading point there and the above as Broithe has already stated.

Ya he had a good idea there, I like the scrapyard idea too and I might have another spot for that 🤞

• Like 1

On 14/1/2024 at 3:34 PM, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Broe bridge is getting traffic 😊

IMG_20240114_153238.jpg

Crazy name for a bridge. Where the hell did you get that?😉

23 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Had a half an hour after work so started on more ground cover

IMG_20240116_190707.thumb.jpg.a79e0715fe0db377b70aec8c6048952e.jpgIMG_20240116_192230.thumb.jpg.ba32ee64b125f1d5d91818c58969a76c.jpg

I will have a better look tomorrow when the PVA is dry 🤞

I think that ballast is on upside down. You better take it up and start again. 😀 Seriously though, looking excellent. 

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

I need a little help here, I have a spare piece of ground and I don't know what to do with it, I could grass it or stone it but I think I have enough of both, any ideas or pointers lads?

@Rob's Heuston North is a great example of keeping space relatively clear.

Maybe something like the lads say, a few low-lying piles of ballast or scrap, but with a lot of open space and nothing tall, aside from maybe a floodlight or two?

14 minutes ago, derek said:

Crazy name for a bridge. Where the hell did you get that?😉

True Broe-mance!

😂😂😂😂

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Funny 2

22 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

He was some kind of tradesman that became a local councillor in Knockseo, he turned the first sod for the bridge and broke the shovel, he is in a home now 🤭

home for the bewildered😀

22 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

True Broe-mance!

😂😂😂😂

very clever😎

• Funny 1

On 21/1/2024 at 4:48 PM, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Thanks lad, a bit heartbreaking to be sacrificing my vehicles but it has to be done.🫣

Denis, the german site Modellbahnshoppelippe has scrap car packs ready to go. Excellent site recommended to me by @murphaph. Have a look before you do any more damage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/1/2024 at 8:29 PM, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Finished around the cabin tonight, time to get my dinner now 😋

IMG_20240124_202725.jpg

IMG_20240124_202743.jpg

Love the ground cover around the signal cabin, the way you have the "worn" pathway through to the steps. Will definitely be trying something like that. Was gonna go with gravel or the like, but that looks miles better. I not one bit ashamed of ripping off ideas, oh no😜

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, derek said:

Love the ground cover around the signal cabin, the way you have the "worn" pathway through to the steps. Will definitely be trying something like that. Was gonna go with gravel or the like, but that looks miles better. I not one bit ashamed of ripping off ideas, oh no😜

I used a sheet of bird cage grit paper and stuck it down before I spread the grass.😉

• Informative 1