Swap 141 for C class or A class CIE

Rate this topic

Gabhal Luimnigh

It's also the case that some people are being encouraged to part with their sole MM loco that they bought for the novelty value when they cost €100 or whatever. Many people never moved from modelling GB outline to Irish but did buy the MM locos when they came out for the novelty value. There must be quite a few of these locos knocking around still and these folks will not be interested in a swap at all. There are probably many MM locos owned by people who aren't even in the hobby anymore, they would also have no interest in a swap. I would focus on finding one for sale rather than a swap as you have the easier to sell examples that go for the most money 😉

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

13 minutes ago, Horsetan said:

I'm almost tempted, but A39r is probably a model I'll take with me to the grave. There won't be any more.

You could always buy one of the three that @Georgeconna is selling, then swap that with @Gabhal Luimnigh . In fact, @Gabhal Luimnigh Could buy one of those from @Georgeconna and then sell one of his and make a profit!

• Like 1

Congratulations, that's a fantastic deal. I have a couple of that locomotive and hoping that soon there will be stock to operate with it. The Crossley engined A classes have a bit more character and really delighted that I got my hands on some of them. The silvers are my favourite and you should consider trying to get your hands on one - the detail really exudes from them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Congratulations, that's a fantastic deal. I have a couple of that locomotive and hoping that soon there will be stock to operate with it. The Crossley engined A classes have a bit more character and really delighted that I got my hands on some of them. The silvers are my favourite and you should consider trying to get your hands on one - the detail really exudes from them.

Thanks, I never really liked the silvers, I seem to remember the dirty oily black and black/tan better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Thanks, I never really liked the silvers, I seem to remember the dirty oily black and black/tan better.

I don't remember any of the pre Supertrain liveries but I'm not really beholden to the era I grew up in, just like models which are really nice. Think I'll get someone to weather one of my A30s.

• Like 2