Riversuirs Workbench

Rate this topic

Riversuir226

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice kit Tom silver fox I take it?.

Yep, i really enjoyed making my last one. First one with a kit built chassis though!!!

I wonder would the mk1 under frame from the free carriage with 'Your model railway village' mag serve as a suitable runner for this?

This is what i was thinking when i picked up a few of the coaches but alas the kit has better detail so i ll be sticking with the kit chassis and maybe repaint the mk 1s into black & orange for a "preserved rake" plus change the gangway for a narrower one and a little other detailing.

tom, fair play you always have a pot on the boil. looking forward to either egv or weedspray variety, though i fall into the heirflick school of yellow fever!

Theres one or two alright, i chickened out of doing a weedvan i ve a feeling that using a bachmann rtr coach as a donor would be an easy one.

DSC02246.jpg

underframe marked out and trusses built up

DSC02250.jpg

Vs attached, tanks and other little details from the kit added

DSC02251.jpg

Changed the buffers and added hoses plus pipes

Edited by Riversuir226

Thanks for the comments lads:tumbsup:

Rich thanks for the tip on the B5 bogies, i may have to graft the spigots from the coaches bogie to the replacement bogie as the heights are different by a few millimeters.

I ve removed the supplied trussing except for the four cross beams and i ll be adding some new L sections, along with scratchbuilding the fuel tanks etc.

Nice shiny new 222 not for long though:p. As with nearly all my 2O1 fleet a change of no was needed so out with the ear buds and a little whitespirits to start the transformation to 234

1237101_10200551912820202_389285505_n.jpg

After a few minutes of rubbing the numbers come away nicely:)

1280461_10200551973741725_101228633_n.jpg

After a quick break to let the area dry a little kclear was applied to help with the new decals

1231415_10200551914940255_75239917_n.jpg

563619_10200551923100459_592858799_n.jpg

Edited by Riversuir226

That's a great build on the van Tom,some nice detail.

I have been thinking about changing numbers on some

of my own locos,it's nice to get a view of it being done.

Nice one Eamonn if your doing any 2O1s i have loads of spare number decals. Its a bit nerve racking putting white spirits near a model but once you try it the results are worth it. Wish i done it this way with 226 :((