Riversuirs Workbench

Rate this topic

Riversuir226

Looking forward to seeing the finished Weedsprayer, very nice work. Speaking or re-numbering... as a fellow Waterford man I have to sort out a River Suir 226 for myself sometime. Strangely anytime I'm near a station with a 201, it's nearly always 234 I see... come across her in Waterford West and Kent Station several times. Out of interest, what are you planning to seal the decals with? The Johnsons Klear?

Cheers, Tom.

Johnsons Klear still have a few bottles of the original mix:D

I checked out the bachmann autoballaster compared to the Grahams one their pretty close in terms of colour but the decals are slightly larger on the Grahams one theres also a missing fada.

Cheer's for that. Yes I did hear that Klear had changed and that the original mix was preferable to use. I have another water based varnish I could use for re-numbering... It's the Microscale industries one. Thanks for the info on the Autoballasters. I reckon I could live with that for a prototypical rake. If you check out Wanderers Photos there's photos of these wagons with the new IE logo. They're in a mixed rake along with the originals. Originals are still the best in my opinion. The bright green lettering on the new logo contrasts badly with the engineers yellow of the Autoballaster. Looks kinda odd!

Tom.

Nice one George,

perfect for those of us without a stash of Klear to rely on! Humbrol have definitely up their game in regards to finishing products in a big way recently. The Microscale stuff is rather thick and I would be afraid that it would end up wiping out any panel lines and finer details. The Humbrol clear looks like it could be just the ticket... Cheers:tumbsup:

Tom.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been fixing the old ladies of the fleet 3 mir 204,205,212 and lima 202 with new chips as the old hornby ones were terrible, gave the bachmann chassis s a service as well they re running sweeter than ever now!!!!.

11038720574_f5769515d0_b.jpg

The marks models 201 kit has had a new bachmann chassis fitted and SSM 201 detailing kit plus new handrails, hep points im waiting on a new roof mesh as the a1 detailing pack is unavailable so i got a spare bachmann one instead.

11049032886_9d5ef035a5_b.jpg

cricky, Your a warrior for those 201 kits, Great work as well, Loving the weedspray to

Had a chap that brought in a 08 that did not work they other day, DCC fitted as well. Took a look at it and found two holes had melted on the roof where the chip had been placed. Some amount of heat must of been produced to do that from such a small PCB!!. He thought it was the Exhaust ports!!!

The old hornby ones are terrible for it, they go red hot as I found out when I tried to hardwire a split chassis mallard a few years ago!!!!. I can t see any more 201kits coming to the bench but I wouldn't rule out one or two Murphy 201's joining the other 6:p.

Hopefully the sprayer will be finished soon, just waiting till payday to order the decals

Edited by Riversuir226

Ah...you dcc junkies...push 1 to fart, 2 to squeak etc... Gimme old skool DC any day and the smell of a ringfield motor in tha mornin!

Priceless. Sounds like that chip would fit well into Billy Connolly's Sadie...."at the third stroke" et al.

I still get a buzz seeing those old MIR kits. They really did the job when they were the only game in town.

Been fixing the old ladies of the fleet 3 mir 204,205,212 and lima 202 with new chips as the old hornby ones were terrible, gave the bachmann chassis s a service as well they re running sweeter than ever now!!!!.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10281[/ATTACH]

The marks models 201 kit has had a new bachmann chassis fitted and SSM 201 detailing kit plus new handrails, hep points im waiting on a new roof mesh as the a1 detailing pack is unavailable so i got a spare bachmann one instead.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10280[/ATTACH]

Tom your line up of 201s look great and well done on the alterations. I have only limited experience with the Lima version and of course, the Murphy's loco is class, but your MIR locos retain great character and uniqueness about them and are lovely models in their own right.

• 2 weeks later...