Riversuirs Workbench

Rate this topic

Riversuir226

• 4 weeks later...

Glounthaune mk 2, a few years back i measured up Glounthaune station building, added to the measurements i got the plans of the former station buildings out of the property section of the examiner from when the buildings were sold a few years back. After a lot of head scratching and over use of the calculator i figured out the various roof angles and more importantly the scale measurements :)2015-01-24 01.03.33.jpg .

I constructed the building out of plasticard with wills tiled roof sheets, i ve now started with the detailing so hopefully i can get it complete in the next few weeks.

Excellent stuff, really looking forward to this one as Glounthaune (Cobh Junction) was the station I used every day going to school as young lad. Are you going for any particular era as the station's out buildings facing the platform went though a number of changes in the early 90's, also the cast iron water tower survived up till the mid 80's.

Excellent stuff, really looking forward to this one as Glounthaune (Cobh Junction) was the station I used every day going to school as young lad. Are you going for any particular era as the station's out buildings facing the platform went though a number of changes in the early 90's, also the cast iron water tower survived up till the mid 80's.

The plan is too model it in its late noughties guise around the time of the reconstruction/reopening of the Midleton line. The station has gone through major changes over the years, the earliest pic i can find is from the 1880's and i only found out where the original signal cabin( pre 1923 )was located the other day!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Tom,

If i can contribute just this small bit - cut out identical triangles that match the roof profile and "force" the roof into a profile by glueing them underneath. I'll send you down some bangor blue slate sheets next week and you can overlay them on the first fix roof? Valleys and gutters you'll have to tackle on your lonesome though :-) richie.

Got most of the body work done but have the detailing left to do which is the most time consuming. Kids are back so god only knows when i get the time to finish it off. I don't know how guys get the time!!

Excellent looking forward to seen the updates :) , i usually get an hour or so in the night time after the little missys go to bed. The best buy on the workbench is a clock as otherwise the birds wouls be singing outside before id realise that id been at the bench for hours.

Suppose after two years i might as well finish off my tara wagon rake :P. At the time i luckily got my mits on 5 mir tara kits & after building them i decided that i wanted more, so i sharpened the pencil and drew out plans of the wagon to aid scratchbuilding a few more. At the time i built one and vowed to build more so here we are NOW is the time to build 2 more. I plan to build two in one week at an hour per night, the first night was spent transferring the measurements onto to plasticard sheet & prepping the buffers and building the bufferbeams. Last night i cut out the main body pieces and built one body plus painted the bufferbeams.2015-02-23 04.22.13.jpg

Edited by Riversuir226

Suppose after two years i might as well finish off my tara wagon rake :P. At the time i luckily got my mits on 5 mir tara kits & after building them i decided that i wanted more, so i sharpened the pencil and drew out plans of the wagon to aid scratchbuilding a few more. At the time i built one and vowed to build more so here we are NOW is the time to build 2 more. I plan to build two in one week at an hour per night, the first night was spent transferring the measurements onto to plasticard sheet & prepping the buffers and building the bufferbeams. Last night i cut out the main body pieces and built one body plus painted the bufferbeams.

That looks nice.:tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...