Riversuirs Workbench

Rate this topic

Riversuir226

• 1 month later...

Quick update :),

Maeve waiting on a royal scot chassis to arrive

Glounthaune station building few bits left and it ll be done.

tara wagons will be finished by the end of the weekend :)

bubbles need to get transfers although weathering the bajaysus out of them is still an option.

Timber wagons waiting on buffers and a few little bits.

Have my eye on a few other projects, theres a little tank loco with a cork/limerick/waterford connection hiding in its bachy box to start with :) , the rest are mainly wagons which will emerge in due course ;)

Edited by Riversuir226

20150424_235944.jpg

A little progress with the tara, only the bottom support ribbing on both sides & 1 bulkhead detail to do. Still on track to having her finished by sunday night.

Seen that Mrs R was out with her cronies i continued on & now have all the outer ribs & supports done :banana: .

I ve used evergreen 121, 142 & 153 for the supports but i need to sand them down a bit to blend them in with the rest of the structure, the rest is just plasticard, a butchered hornby freightliner from the spares box, genesis rectangle buffers and mir bogies.

20150425_032526.jpg

Tommorows jobs a little sanding, a bit of painting and adding a few little details.

Sundays job decals and finito :).

Edited by Riversuir226

• 1 month later...

Nice one lads for the comments :tumbsup:

Ive recently started to dirty up my own stock, the first off the bench is 183 in IR livery, made up a wash of black paint and used q tips in a downward motion to clean off most of the paint. I also added a little buffer grease and a few other bits.20150610_012642.jpg

Lovely bit of work on 183 Tom and she looks great. Have been browsing back over your workbench and some great projects with the Tara's and GVs. Curios to know are you still running the MIR and Lima 201s?...did you ever upgrade the chassis and how are they performing? I have one Lima 201 River Dargle, one of our own Wicklow rivers, and she never runs too well, but with intensive cleaning and continuous running she can put in a few decent laps of the layout.

• 4 weeks later...

20150720_125554.jpg

Im updating the 201's and going with a mostly murphy models fleet. To replace my mir 204 i set about renumbering a 220 to its new identity as 204 River Barrow. To remove the old numbers i used cotton buds with a little white spirits, then i used a little klear to help with the new decals. I used ssm nameplates and a mix of ssm & old mir numbers as i had them too hand. To seal in the decals i used another coat of klear.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is that the one they had on eBay the other day? They claimed it would be the last one produced for over a year....

Yep, had planned to get one for a while so thought what the heck :) . Pretty impressed with it so far just waiting on the bogies to arrive before i make a start on it.

Edited by Riversuir226

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20329[/ATTACH]

Many thanks to Eamonn and Divecontroller for the paint advice:tumbsup: .

Thankfully i had both types of paint in the paint tray :) , i ve the base coats done so it won t be long now till its finished.

Constructive comment only; and in a spirit of helpfulness: while I can't be certain, I did think the chassis on these were also blue?

Constructive comment only; and in a spirit of helpfulness: while I can't be certain, I did think the chassis on these were also blue?

They were blue when introduced but in their later years they were pretty much black with the odd bit of blue showing through

2015-10-16 10.15.21.png

Edited by Riversuir226

really nice model of another unique Wagon. Are these available anywhere?

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/2451-Wagon-Kits-now-available

D&m also do a kit for them, i ll be using them to build up the rake. As im building them i ll post up pics of them being built.

Edited by Riversuir226

Nearly there, only a few detailing jobs left to do :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20363[/ATTACH]

Looking very good, Tom. The only constructive point I would make is that the curtains seem to be a richer blue on the prototype due to the difference in materials. One of the characteristics that appeals to me is the two-tone effect. I think you've nailed the body color and nice details picked out on the chassis. The tie downs are particularly good!!:-bd