Riversuirs Workbench

Rate this topic

Riversuir226

I put 2 class 55's in one of my A Classes and no problem with pulling power now. Don't forget to put plenty of lead inside.

You gave me that advice on the deltic chassis it was well worth

taking on board,as those Lima pancake motors would drive you

soft,and yes plenty of lead.The slow running is spot on too.

A little progress, windows opened out, old exhaust out, bachmann 66 exhaust modified to fit, old details sanded off and ssm detailing kit has arrived, just waiting on a few other little bits from the uk.

DSC01646.jpg

& yes that is a class 47 in the background which is getting a little rebuild as well;).

On the A class i was thinking of going down the central can motor route but the double motor solution maybe a runner too.

Edited by Riversuir226

More on the 47 please!

I ll be starting her soon enough, 47 079 which later became a 57. Its one of the first locos i ever got so it survived the sale of all my BR stuff for sentimental reasons. To avoid ending up with a "triggers brush" loco i decided against using a replacement chassis

The plan is Heljan fuel tanks and detailing to the underframe, extreme etching windscreens, glazing, roof fans, Crewe etched plates, detailed bufferbeam plus radiator vents.;

Finally a full repaint in the Construction livery that she originally came with in the Hornby freightliner train set.

I ll be starting her soon enough' date=' 47 079 which later became a 57. Its one of the first locos i ever got so it survived the sale of all my BR stuff for sentimental reasons. To avoid ending up with a "triggers brush" loco i decided against using a replacement chassis

The plan is Heljan fuel tanks and detailing to the underframe, extreme etching windscreens, glazing, roof fans, Crewe etched plates, detailed bufferbeam plus radiator vents.;

Finally a full repaint in the Construction livery that she originally came with in the Hornby freightliner train set.[/quote']

Very nice, look forward to seeing more on your projects!

• 3 weeks later...

Next up on the bench is some mk 3's, RAL 2011 in the can, with white primer sprayed first. There lima mk 3's which i totally stripped down after a picked them up on the cheap from one of the uk forums(along with a rake of mk4's for less than €70!!!!). Decals to be used are from ssm mk 3 rake pack.

DSC01788.jpg

Hey Riversuir, excellent work on the Taras. Must say you're a brave/patient man taking on a full scratch build of a rake of rolling stock. One in isolation is do-able alright. But repeating the build and getting consistency is another story. That said, hats off to ya...something to be proud of :tumbsup:

Best of luck with the Mk3s. Another great project to look forward to. Keep us posted.

Tom.

• 1 month later...

A little rest from the no smoking signs on the mk3's,

Lovely yellow Autoballaster all the way from Co Laois

DSC01975.jpg

Found a great pic of one on The Wanderer smug bug account, came in very handy for locating were all the decals go. After a lot of cursing etc i ended up with this:D

DSC01976.jpg

Ha, those 'no smoking signs' on the Mk3s nearly made me go do-lally too. That's probably why ya hardly ever see anyone doing them. That said, great result and well worth the effort. Also, the step ladders are a really nice touch :tumbsup:

I do like the look of those Auto ballasters, out of interest are they a good match up coulour-wise with the specially commisioned Bachmann twin packs? Not sure if you have these? I was thinking about getting a few 'non generator' ones to complete a rake.

Cheers,

Tom.

Three done at last, have to take a little break before attempting the others.

DSC01974.jpg

Tom, i'm not sure on the autoballasters as the bachmann ones are not too hand many thanks for the nice comments, your step by step came in really handy during the repaint that tamiya masking tape is really good stuff, i only had 2 paint leaks during the 3 repaints!!!

Edited by Riversuir226

• 2 weeks later...