Newbie trying a layout

Rate this topic

timmycork

Got a bit of track laid over the last few days, going ok, the zuron track cutter makes laying the flexi track easier than I thought it would be.

Main change is the arrival of my dcc system, after lots of researching into it I ended up buying a Roco Z21, it is controlled by wifi so I connected the iPad and iPhone to it, works good. Took a few screenshots of the app going on the iPad, (not much happening on the layout, only 5 foot wired)

First pic is my train screen, this is where you add locos, I added my 5 locos and used the pic from the web (you can also just take a pic)image.jpg

Next pic is the main driver screen, adjust speed, turn lights on off and swipe to select locoimage.jpg

Next is driver screen again, this time with points control on right, I have no dcc points but this does tempt me!!image.jpg

This is the programming screen image.jpg

My 229 on the track

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

First update in a while, Christmas saw the addition of sound to the layout with 2 locos (210 and 7078) now running sound, also got a few timber wagons and a pocket wagon, will respray these when I feel confident in my airbrushing!!

Here are a few pics of the container siding

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also have added a siding off where my main station will be, this will be used for coaches

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had been thinking of using this siding for a goods shed I have, and maybe make it into a program track, what do ye think?

image.jpg

Edited by timmycork
attachments not working right
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Progress has been slow on the layout of late, busy time at work so hopefully will get little pieces done away. I have added to my rolling stock with a few more pocket wagons but these have stayed in the box while I attempted to add a background. Here are the results, I went with a fine day in mind!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Had a pm on the cars in video.

They are 1:87, ho scale, Wiking models.

Took a few pics here to compare to oxford oo scale, they are much smaller but I think are still a nice addition, what do ye think?

Pic is of a golf, Garda transit, caddy and a passat

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The respray helped improve the crane alright. Was very toy like, Must get some decals to finish it off, I was very pleased how the scalescenes textures came out, bit tricky to have no air pockets and keeping the sides from lifting but worth the effort.

Thanks for the encouragement though, lots more to do!!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...