RPSI 461 loco kit

Rate this topic

David

Hi guys,

D&M Models are seriously considering producing a kit and RTR model of RPSI loco 461. The model would be all of etched brass and most likely designed to utilise a high quality RTR chassis. We're also considering an assembled kit option so that those without brass experience would only really have to paint the model and fit it to a chassis. In order for the project to go ahead there would have to be sufficient interest. What we are looking for is small deposits of just 25 euro for 25 models. If this requirement can be satisfied then there will be a model of 461 available this year.

Exact prices are TBA but should be about 130 euro for kit, 290 euro for the assembled kit and 620 euro for the RTR model.

Hi guys,

In order for the project to go ahead there would have to be sufficient interest. What we are looking for is small deposits of just 25 euro for 25 models. If this requirement can be satisfied then there will be a model of 461 available this year.

QUOTE]

David, I would express an interest in your project and would commit with a deposit.

Guest hidden-agenda

Guys is this kit to be a complete kit including the chassis,s except wheels and motor or a body kit as i thought the way David was talking in the other thread it was a complete kit except for wheels and motor? The reason i ask is i was thinking it was along the lines of the SSM loco kits as i want to build the complete loco.

Guys is this kit to be a complete kit including the chassis,s except wheels and motor or a body kit as i thought the way David was talking in the other thread it was a complete kit except for wheels and motor? The reason i ask is i was thinking it was along the lines of the SSM loco kits as i want to build the complete loco.

Most likely we will design the kit to run on an existing RTR chassis but we may also do an etched chassis. If a RTR chassis is used there will be no compromises in dimensions or detail. If we cannot find a chassis with correct axle spacing and wheel size I will be going down the etched road. There'll be plenty of time to discuss the design of the kit before we start but at this stage we just need to establish if there is enough serious interest in the model.

Guest hidden-agenda
Most likely we will design the kit to run on an existing RTR chassis but we may also do an etched chassis. If a RTR chassis is used there will be no compromises in dimensions or detail. If we cannot find a chassis with correct axle spacing and wheel size I will be going down the etched road. There'll be plenty of time to discuss the design of the kit before we start but at this stage we just need to establish if there is enough serious interest in the model.

Many thanks for the reply David it was getting a bit confusing after the 2nd glass but clear as the empty bottle in front of me now.

Thanks guys for the orders so far. There are 7 orders so far so we still need another 18 to go ahead. All you need to do is send a pm or post your interest on this thead. The deposit is refunded if the project does not go ahead and if you have paid the deposit there is no obligation to buy if you change your mind.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys for the orders so far. There are 7 orders so far so we still need another 18 to go ahead. All you need to do is send a pm or post your interest on this thead. The deposit is refunded if the project does not go ahead and if you have paid the deposit there is no obligation to buy if you change your mind.

has there been any more interest david?

• 3 weeks later...