RPSI 461 loco kit

Rate this topic

David

Great news. I've never done a brass loco and am really looking forward to it. Would be nice to see how the other lads are gonna tackle it, particularly the non-soldering types. Any idea when the deposit is likely to be needed, it's just that I have a few trocaire boxes that need to be handed back and.....

Richie.

Great news. I've never done a brass loco and am really looking forward to it. Would be nice to see how the other lads are gonna tackle it, particularly the non-soldering types. Any idea when the deposit is likely to be needed, it's just that I have a few trocaire boxes that need to be handed back and.....

Richie.

Don't worry, it'll be designed so that even I can build it so you'll be grand! I'll be aiming to keep the required soldering to a minimum or maybe totally eliminated. There isn't one drop of solder in the De Dietrichs and they're almost totally brass! Actually I lied, the wiring is soldered but that's all. I've sent you a PM re deposit.

Guest hidden-agenda

It will be a very impressive kit judging by the kind of goods DK put out and hopefully a starter for more high quality kits in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Most likely we will design the kit to run on an existing RTR chassis but we may also do an etched chassis. ...l.

Please remember those of us who would be wanting to build it in 21mm gauge......with inside motion if possible!

Don't tell me I'm the only plonker who wants a Kit? :banana:

Nope, me too. We can start a support group to get each other through it.

Make that three, but only if I can build the chassis to 21mm.

Edited by Horsetan

• 4 months later...
Any update on the development of your 461 model please?

Hi Kieran,

The CAD is at an advanced stage but I still have to prioritise the current orders for Enterprise and Railcar sets so it's still a little way off. Please bear with me, I'm going as fast as I can.

Hi Kieran,

The CAD is at an advanced stage but I still have to prioritise the current orders for Enterprise and Railcar sets so it's still a little way off. Please bear with me, I'm going as fast as I can.

that gives us a bit of time to put the few quid aside for her!!

Even a sneak preview would get us salivating!

Yuk! I'm afraid it's all construction lines in multiple layers so it wont look like much. You'll have to wait until an assembled example is ready before any pictures will be posted ;)

Yuk! I'm afraid it's all construction lines in multiple layers so it wont look like much. You'll have to wait until an assembled example is ready before any pictures will be posted ;)

Looking forward David. And if you can organise an etched plate for the number on the sides it would be mega! :)

Looking forward David. And if you can organise an etched plate for the number on the sides it would be mega! :)

Will do! By the way guys, if any of you have some input, either in the form of photos, drawings or information if be delighted if you could contribute. You can post on this thread or send me an email. Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

The CAD is now complete and I'll be looking at getting some test etches done shortly. I only anticipate minimal amendments will be required once I get my hands on the test etches. I'm aware that it is taking a lot longer than originally planned but unfortunately progress through remaining orders for railcars and DDs is extremely slow due to overtime at the day job that cannot be avoided. Apologies for this. I know it's frustrating for you guys!

• 3 months later...
The CAD is now complete and I'll be looking at getting some test etches done shortly. I only anticipate minimal amendments will be required once I get my hands on the test etches. I'm aware that it is taking a lot longer than originally planned but unfortunately progress through remaining orders for railcars and DDs is extremely slow due to overtime at the day job that cannot be avoided. Apologies for this. I know it's frustrating for you guys!

Any chance of a view of the CAD, just to give us something to hang on to?