Heljan Beyer Garratt

Rate this topic

you all know that i have a fondness for steamers, but the garratt does nothing for me...sorry:puke: id sooner look at the mother - in - laws toe nails (and believe me they are bad!) she is a monster and might be an excelent perfomer ...potential for sound and smoke, but no. just my humble opinion and good luck to any one getting one!

Ouch :(

Got mine this morning. First impressions are "very large and very heavy"! The box alone is enormous!

Will grab a few snaps later!

This is what I get for sticking to BR only!

Mind you I won't be able to explain that P2 when it shows up considering they were rebuilt before Nationalisation... :rolleyes:

Lol. I've given up trying to stick to anything. When you've an 071 rumbling in a siding, watching a class 350 emu roll past while the enterprise sits at the platform behind 209 and a q1 rolls by while the thalys flies along the mainline ... What can you do!

Lol. I've given up trying to stick to anything. When you've an 071 rumbling in a siding' date=' watching a class 350 emu roll past while the enterprise sits at the platform behind 209 and a q1 rolls by while the thalys flies along the mainline ... What can you do![/quote']

Complete satisfaction Stephen.....

Lol. I've given up trying to stick to anything. When you've an 071 rumbling in a siding, watching a class 350 emu roll past while the enterprise sits at the platform behind 209 and a q1 rolls by while the thalys flies along the mainline ... What can you do!

My OCD levels dictate that trains must be run with others of a matching era pulling stock specific to that era and region. However, since there's so much I like the scenery can be as generic as possible! :)

• 3 months later...
That's a beast Fran. How does it square up to Heljan's diesel models.

Rich,

Only had a quick look but very well. 200 Sterling is a lot of money but I think she's worth every penny. It's got two motors too, so essentially you're getting two locos in some ways. Lots of nice extra detail, no sign of moulded handrails thankfully! Looking forward to chipping her and putting her through her paces down in the midlands.

That's a beast Fran. How does it square up to Heljan's diesel models.

Rich,

Only had a quick look but very well. 200 Sterling is a lot of money but I think she's worth every penny. It's got two motors too, so essentially you're getting two locos in some ways. Lots of nice extra detail, no sign of moulded handrails thankfully! Looking forward to chipping her and putting her through her paces down in the midlands.

200 Sterling is a lot of money but I think she's worth every penny. It's got two motors too, so essentially you're getting two locos in some ways. Lots of nice extra detail, no sign of moulded handrails thankfully! Looking forward to chipping her and putting her through her paces down in the midlands.

that beast=200 sterling..........silver fox Deutz shunter= 125 sterling - and she'd fit in the bloody tender!!! you got a good deal on that beastie Fran!