Mark 3 Executive Coach

Rate this question

rebelred

Question

Hi guys,

I'm gonna chance converting my Mark 3 Executive Coaches from maroon to an orange livery but I can't remember if the stripes were gold or white, anybody remember??? Also do I need to spray a lacquer or something else on the final coat? This is my first attempt at a re-spray so any tips would be welcome!! :dig:

15 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I'm gonna chance converting my Mark 3 Executive Coaches from maroon to an orange livery but I can't remember if the stripes were gold or white, anybody remember??? Also do I need to spray a lacquer or something else on the final coat? This is my first attempt at a re-spray so any tips would be welcome!! :dig:

I would suggest you keep the maroon coaches and try and pick up some BR ones for the repaint

Only 300 sets of the maroon ones made, getting harder to pick a decent set up

I would suggest you keep the maroon coaches and try and pick up some BR ones for the repaint

Only 300 sets of the maroon ones made, getting harder to pick a decent set up

Agreed, the Lima models don't have the distinctive interior. Sell the exec coaches and for the price you'd nearly get enough for a whole BR Mark 3 rake to convert, including your Exec coach.

What was the difference between city gold and executive ?

One of the Executive coaches had a bar & couches & arm chairs turned sideways along the coach, the other coach was used for dining,if I recall it had better seats & a more luxurious interior to the City Gold. The colour scheme was red & Gold, lovely train.

Thanks guys, I was gonna convert a Hornby coach alrite if the stripes turned out to be white, if they had turned out to be gold it would have been a straight respray as trying to paint the line transfers gold would have been a pain!! I didn't know they only made so few of them, that explains why ive a couple of pm's looking to buy them!