Bits on Flickr

Rate this topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have something similar in my collection, taken by my father and also dating from the early 1960s. The CIE liveried coach is a composite (unfortunately I can't make out the number), then there is 135 still in GNRB livery (as in R W Carroll's pic above) and then two, presubably, BUT railcars, one in CIÉ green and the other in the new Black & Tan livery.

01.006r.jpg

Also taken on the same day is this pic also showing grey liveried B132 with an 'Enterprise'service at Platform 2 and an unidentified 700 class BUT railcar in Platform 3.

01.012b.jpg

I have something similar in my collection, taken by my father and also dating from the early 1960s. The CIE liveried coach is a composite (unfortunately I can't make out the number), then there is 135 still in GNRB livery (as in R W Carroll's pic above) and then two, presubably, BUT railcars, one in CIÉ green and the other in the new Black & Tan livery.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16627[/ATTACH]

Great sets of pics and a real reminder of the variety from the past.The 2 railcars in the photo are of AEC type railcars

Classic scene - mixed traffic and an A class in black livery. One wiper blade broken off too. Oh if I could only source an A class model powered by a centre drive chassis like MMs.

BTW, enjoyed watching some of your youtube videos.

with the 'long haul freights' was very impressive. Did they actually run trains that long with only one brake van and loose coupled stock? How did they marshall them?

Cheers Noel, actually meant to stick that link up for the video on the site and forgot! The Garratt rake would be prototypical in length, they tended to run very long trains. We were just having a bit of fun and testing haulage ability on the two locos though, see what they can do on big gradients. Both performed very well although the Garratt is a bit tempermental at times.

Great find, photos of New Ross line are hard to come by on the net. I have the 1963 figure/loading sheets for the station, worthy of note were the Tramore race specials and the All Ireland hurling specials that ran over the line in the Sept hauled by 141's after the line closed to passengers. Amazing to think that the line last saw use nearly 20 years ago !!!!.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Only thing about Flickr, it's desperately slow to view and freezes up after a couple of dozen images. Anyone else find that?

Same here especially on iPad. Flickr seems to be particularly sluggish on lower broadband speeds (i.e. <7mb), but probably not noticeable to 20mb+ connections.