Clear your closets! Wanted: Scenecraft Irish Outline

Rate this topic

DiveController

I am looking to acquire some of the Bachmann Scenecraft Irish Outline Buildings (one or more)

44-250 Bachmann Irish Signal Box

44-251 Bachmann Irish Running Shed

44-252 Bachmann Irish Station Building

I'm not in a hurry so please keep this post in mind if you have surplus gathering dust without plans to get it in a layout.

Thank you,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am looking to acquire some of the Bachmann Scenecraft Irish Outline Buildings (one or more)

I'm not in a hurry so please keep this post in mind if you have surplus gathering dust without plans to get it in a layout.

Thank you,

Kevin

I just wanted to remind everyone that I am still looking for these items and would be very grateful if you have any available that is surplus or see any for sale on eBay etc. please let me know thanks

• 4 weeks later...

There has not been a squeak anywhere with regard to the engine shed and the station in two months I have managed to pick up two signal boxes.

For the love of God, if you find either the engine shed or the station at the show tomorrow, would you just buy them for me, PM me and I'll see you right.

In the unlikely event that more than one of you manage to find one or more of the items I will see you both right including postage to the US!

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi there Dive Controller.

I was at the show today and I picked up a Dawson Hall laser cut card kit of Dundalk Signal Cabin. I have not built it yet, but they had a model on display and it looked well. They also had a few other Irish style or actual Irish model building kits. I cant find their website right now but the email is on the kit: dawsonhallsales@jecdesign.com

I will be building the kit over the next day or two, will post a pic for you to see. It might be of help - plus the fact that they are card kits/flat packed would keep the postage a bit lower for you.

All the best.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your interest and your comments. I look forward to seeing you build this kit. Even though I like the bachmann scenecraft Irish outline buildings they are very limited in number and except for the smallest of displays I would need something more anyway. It would be nice to be able to put something on the layout with more of an Irish flavor Hopefully they are reasonably durable over time and do not fade to easily I guess they could always be replaced in time if required.

Kevin

There has not been a squeak anywhere with regard to the engine shed and the station in two months I have managed to pick up two signal boxes.

For the love of God, if you find either the engine shed or the station at the show tomorrow, would you just buy them for me, PM me and I'll see you right.

In the unlikely event that more than one of you manage to find one or more of the items I will see you both right including postage to the US!

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin, this any good for your plan,

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Bachmann-Scenecraft-Carlow-Station-44-063A-/181532217686?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2a4429d156

Hello from one sunny climate to another,

I have seen these before but not being an architect or anything, I don't know how much they resemble prototypical Irish outline. There is also another Bachmann stone building similar to this but maybe a better match for 44-252. I'll find a link as I would like to have some opinion from the members as I was thinking of asking this question anyway. Not sure if I'm in the correct forum to ask here....

Edited by DiveController

The main station building was constructed by Glenderg (I seem to recall he called it a labour of love).

I swear wills plastic sheet is a product of the divil himself - never ever again! Kevin, what station are you trying to recreate? DSER on the east coast are probably the easiest to scratchbuild....R

I swear wills plastic sheet is a product of the divil himself - never ever again! Kevin, what station are you trying to recreate? DSER on the east coast are probably the easiest to scratchbuild....R

Hi Glenderg,

You guys are great, but I'm RTR for now due to lack of time. I'm not modeling a particular station, just trying to pick up some prototypical items to get on a layout that hasn't started yet. I think my efforts will all go into that. The Irish Bachmann Scenecraft is near unobtainable and I keep an eye out for it, so I'm looking to get the next best thing in pre-assembled for now. Kirley's beautiful night scene in just jaw-dropping. Well done you, that scratchbuild is amazing. Clonmel is a great station to model. I like the limestone architecture more than brick.

Kevin

Wills - when used with balsa structural members it can work quite well. I used to build structure with balsa 1/4" strips and then cover with plasticard sheeting.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...