Kedleston Terminus & Ballinea Junction

Rate this topic

GSR 800

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like theres a fair bit of shunting required to get from the outside lines into the goods area. Perhaps consider integrating the loops into those areas so you can maneuver from the outside track into the goods area and then do all your shunting in there, freeing up the main lines for continous running?

A photo showing both areas zoomed out would be really helpful, even if you only have track plonked down roughly. R

Did some drawing today not really to scale.i am wide open to ideas and criticism[ATTACH=CONFIG]18649[/ATTACH]sorry bout the bad photo

Hi GSR,

I can't really make out your drawing all that well and no expert so throw this 'advice' out if it makes no sense. Access from the inner inner loop to the outer platforms seems restricted unless you reverse the crossover or add another crossover in that direction. Maybe consider replacing the diamond crossing with a single slip if you reverse the crossing?

What ever is on the bottom right ?good/carriages shed has limited access from the inner platforms. If this is required then maybe think of running this out of platform 3 (instead of 1&2, if you have sufficient length) and use another single slip to allow access from Plat 1&2 to it?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.Cant seem to upload the pics.scratch built platforms and engine shed under construction. Once I have all the track laid I will start putting down the ballast.A through station will now be opposite the terminus while the shed and sidings will be between them

image.jpg

• 3 months later...

So haven't posted in a while so let me fill you in. The track plan is finalised, the terminus is now facing the other way so less shunting is required. A extension board will be placed so there is more space for the turntable and a goods yard, adjacent to the will be some carriage sidings.

P.S. I will try and get pics shortly but I can't really get the tablet to upload them

• 1 month later...

Well lads,I bought some things while at the SDMRC yesterday. Most of the budget went to locos.for a long time I've been wanting to get one of MR Murphys work. I finally got it today with number 073. Fantastic loco. Great runner detail is just brilliant. I also bought a silver fox A class in green. Holy Sambo it is heavy! Reasonably good runner, but very noisy compared with the 071 class! Also bought an N class mogul, which I plan to convert to a woolwich. Will post pics shortly

• 2 months later...