Michael Rayner

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Gentlemen (and ladies!)

This will seem an odd thread to start, but there are probably more folk likely to pray on this site than most?

My friend, and the master modeller who brought you the Bulleid Corrugated open wagon, is very ill. He is bedridden at present, before, God-willing, having a Pacemaker fitted next Wednesday, 9 September.

Those of you still inclined to offer prayers to the Almighty might include him in those prayers, please.

I'll keep you in touch.

Leslie

Will do.

Let us hope that it keeps his beets regular.......

I assume that you will be taking charge of the remote control?

Ah, now, if I could get my hands on his remote control, I'd succeed in diverting him from the strange Heath Robinson things he has such a love for and we'd have endless CIE and GN stock!!!!!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Leslie

Gentlemen (and ladies!)

This will seem an odd thread to start, but there are probably more folk likely to pray on this site than most?

My friend, and the master modeller who brought you the Bulleid Corrugated open wagon, is very ill. He is bedridden at present, before, God-willing, having a Pacemaker fitted next Wednesday, 9 September.

Those of you still inclined to offer prayers to the Almighty might include him in those prayers, please.

I'll keep you in touch.

Leslie

Will do Leslie. I don't know Michael, but will indeed pray for him, a sense of peace as he prepares for the operation, for his family who must be worrying, and for the medical staff who are caring for him, that each one of them will be diligent, precise and use their talents and skills to the best of their ability, also that Michael is fit for the procedure and free from pre and post op infection, and for success in treating his condition.

Leslie, I do not know Michael but I feel we have a connection through the brilliant models he makes for you and all of us. His skills inspire others to push their "envelope" and hone their own talents.

Please wish him well for his operation I am sure it will be a total success and yes, I will be thinking of him; ageing comes to us all and that means the parts wear out.

Kindest Regards Mike

Will do Leslie. I don't know Michael, but will indeed pray for him, a sense of peace as he prepares for the operation, for his family who must be worrying, and for the medical staff who are caring for him, that each one of them will be diligent, precise and use their talents and skills to the best of their ability, also that Michael is fit for the procedure and free from pre and post op infection, and for success in treating his condition.

x2 well put Noel

• 2 weeks later...

I am delighted to report that Michael has come through his op with Flying Colours and is now a "new man"!

He told me this morning that he felt an immediate improvement.

Thank you all who gave him support in your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry not to have reported earlier but I was leading a tour in Austria (the Zillertalbahn and Achenseebahn are both still excellent steam rides).

Regards to you all

Leslie