Cie parts

Rate this topic

brassnut

Hi Anthony

Here is one way of fixing it- remove the broken pivot from the chassis, insert a brass or plastic bolt through the hole and epoxy it in, epoxy a washer or two in the centre of the bogie to get the height right and to allow the bolt go through the washers, when set- slide the bogie onto the screw with a washer put on a loose nut so the bogie can wobble n rotate, loctite the nut when your happy with the fit;-

164289140_BogiePivotFix-00.jpg.68b53c19358dae8413a1215566e63458.jpg

Eoin

• Like 2

On 10/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, murrayec said:

Hi Anthony

Here is one way of fixing it- remove the broken pivot from the chassis, insert a brass or plastic bolt through the hole and epoxy it in, epoxy a washer or two in the centre of the bogie to get the height right and to allow the bolt go through the washers, when set- slide the bogie onto the screw with a washer put on a loose nut so the bogie can wobble n rotate, loctite the nut when your happy with the fit;-

Eoin

A quick question eoin. Would gorilla epoxy work I should I use epoxy putty thanks anthony 

Hi Anthony

Eoin

Sorry Eion would I use grorlla epoxy glue or epoxy putty thanks anthony 

48 minutes ago, Broithe said:

And always remember not to mix the caps up - the colour-coding helps.

Thanks a million use are all very helpful. I was thinking about finding out about electronic courses any idea's I know my earth.live.and neutral. That's it but 12v = 5.ov.im lost lol

Hi Brassnut,

Loads of stuff on the internet, but the basic of basic has to be Ohm's Law     V= I X R

i am not sure if this will work here but here goes anyway

The Ohms Law Triangle

V

--------------------------

I         X       R

How this works is simple, replace the various letters with the known values

in our case  V  = 12 (volts) and lets say R (resistance) is 5 Ohms

You get a diagram like this

------------------------                             12  /   5       =    2.4 Amps

I         x      5

Transpose the 12 to be divided by 5 and you will get 2.4 Amps  this then take the place of I (Current or Amps) in the triangle, it is all about basic math's of plus, minus, multiplication and division.

Here is a site I have had a brief look at so I don't know how good it is.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/voltage-current-resistance-and-ohms-law/all

But it should give you the idea of what you might want to know if you want to take up electronics as a career, check out Amazon for any electrical educational books, but be aware that those from America deal with different voltages and power cycles.

One site in the UK is worth looking at and that is the IET site, while it is British the standards are now mostly trans European and should be complied with in most of the EU

https://www.theiet.org/resources/books/

Hope this helps

regards

Colin

Edited by Colin R
added infomation
  • Informative 1

Hi Anthony

Eoin

Hi Eoin just been  nuisance here.see pictures would a little bolt have any effect on the two brass terminals on the bogie wheels I don't want to make a mess .just trying to be careful don't won't to burn out the bogie or would it be ok.thanks Anthony 

20 minutes ago, brassnut said:

Hi Eoin just been  nuisance here.see pictures would a little bolt have any effect on the two brass terminals on the bogie wheels I don't want to make a mess .just trying to be careful don't won't to burn out the bogie or would it be ok.thanks Anthony 

Hi Anthony

Yes your correct, you don't want to electrical short those, use a bolt and washers suitable that fit between and does not touch them- or using a plastic bolt is even better.....

Eoin

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, murrayec said:

Hi Anthony

Yes your correct, you don't want to electrical short those, use a bolt and washers suitable that fit between and does not touch them- or using a plastic bolt is even better.....

Eoin

Thanks Eion it's looking like plastic bolt as there's not enough space between the terminal I'm glad I checked with you thanks a million Anthony 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DiveController said:

Nice little buses. Are they 1:76 or 1:64 scale?

1.76  I think 

11 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Not bad for a tenner!

It's terrible when one can't control alcohol the person had one bus on the internet for €10 I offered him €7 he said great.when I got to meet up with him he had 2 buses  he said give me a tenner for the two away to the off licence he went .sad times 

• Like 2

The logo on the front is vaguely reminiscent of one used by PJKA, the Indonesian railway authority, in the 1960-80s period. But neither the loco, the livery, or the markings are any more Indonesian than they are Cavan & Leitrim.

I would guess it’s a “makey-uppy” thing, like some of those early “CIE” models of crude British outline locos and coaches in even cruder “Irish” livery.

14 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

The logo on the front is vaguely reminiscent of one used by PJKA, the Indonesian railway authority, in the 1960-80s period. But neither the loco, the livery, or the markings are any more Indonesian than they are Cavan & Leitrim.

I would guess it’s a “makey-uppy” thing, like some of those early “CIE” models of crude British outline locos and coaches in even cruder “Irish” livery.

Came across this elbem folks extremely close to the one on my loco ...??? Soviet railway badge wings and wheel .

downloadfile.jpg

A very common logo in the car & motorcycle world

https://www.google.com/search?q=wings+wheel+logo&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwicrN_9s7reAhUB_KQKHVGcBw0QsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1280&bih=891

There is a thread on here discussing the origins of the flying snail logo, where we came to the conclusion that the Persians came up with the winged logo for their God- Aru Mazda (could have spelt that wrong) and since then all have adopted it in some fashion....

Eoin

5 hours ago, brassnut said:

I found this elbem ALSO wheel and wings on a train .sorry German locomotive CREST but more details seemingly its a badge received after 40years service on the train????

c_4491.jpg

Just realised that the wheel is a loco wheel between the wings on close inspection 

If German, the Crown would mean it's one of the old pre Deutsche Reichsbahn companies. Could be Royal Bavarian State Railway or something.

Don't think it's 40 years service, 40 may be just the staff id number. 

The model loco appears to be carrying the old SNCB livery and logo.

Edited by minister_for_hardship

On 11/4/2018 at 6:56 AM, brassnut said:

Hi folks trying to find out any information about this train set HDI anyone got a name for it I have taken these pictures don't understand the crest thanks anthony 

20181103_173837.jpg

20181103_173822.jpg

20181103_173640.jpg

It looks like the loco is in an approximation of  SNCB/NMBS (Belgian Railways) livery. The model appears to be based on the German V200 diesel locomotives, there were broadly similar locos in use throughout Europe the Irish assembled V200 seems to have been available in British Rail, Belgian, Danish, German, Norwegian, and Spanish railway liveries.

62097751.jpg

11 hours ago, brassnut said:

Found a few more images online and they all either have '40' or '25' so must be a long service badge. The railways here didn't have those as far as I know but CIE bus drivers did get small star shaped ones for 10, 15, 25 years safe driving.