00 WORKS proposed CBSC Loco

Rate this topic

Irishswissernie

24 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

I have one , its a very good model and may in later years become more valuable. 00 works only do very limited runs and I believe once only. Just a thought.

I have no doubt they would only do one run of these locos, there utterly unique and we’re only made really because the of similarities to UK versions! 

• Like 2

Yes, hard wired.   You got a discount!! lucky man! Think of all these different ways of paying as part of life's experience's and its how it always happened in the past , will the treasured model sneak in under the customs radar.  In the distant past I bought two brass locos one from the USA, paid duty and vat and the b--- PO handling fee made it a rather expensive loco the other  one came from Australia, only paid the handling fee. Some you win !!  Still got the locos, Colorado Midland   2-8-0's  😎 .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

Yes, hard wired.   You got a discount!! lucky man! Think of all these different ways of paying as part of life's experience's and its how it always happened in the past , will the treasured model sneak in under the customs radar.  In the distant past I bought two brass locos one from the USA, paid duty and vat and the b--- PO handling fee made it a rather expensive loco the other  one came from Australia, only paid the handling fee. Some you win !!  Still got the locos, Colorado Midland   2-8-0's  😎 .

Twould be nice if it got under customs radar….I’d get to keep another weeks wages! 

hard wired Doesn't effect me much as I will almost certainly never convert it to DCC. Neither will the J26/Bandon tank if they ever get finished….

• Like 2

I know that 00 Works have been approached in the past about limited re-runs and said no! I don’t know what the production run is but it would need guaranteed sales to have any chance. I would certainly love to have two U’s and another UG.

Stephen

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I hate to say this, but I asked for a straw poll on this forum (and my then website) to rerun the Class UG - I think I had ten takers and Roderick simply wasn't interested. I would also politely say that the number of us prepared to pay about £300 sterling for a steam loco isn't that great - look through earlier threads where there were adverse comments on the price.

To comment to West Cork above - like JHB - I found mine a good runner and it didn't cost a fortune to get the nice man at Kernow Models in Guildford to hardwire it.

Get one while you can?

• Informative 1

2 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

I hate to say this, but I asked for a straw poll on this forum (and my then website) to rerun the Class UG - I think I had ten takers and Roderick simply wasn't interested. I would also politely say that the number of us prepared to pay about £300 sterling for a steam loco isn't that great - look through earlier threads where there were adverse comments on the price.

To comment to West Cork above - like JHB - I found mine a good runner and it didn't cost a fortune to get the nice man at Kernow Models in Guildford to hardwire it.

Get one while you can?

I would agree completely. I had a yarn also with Roderick and the market simply isn't there - and regrettably so - if it was, and a re-run was going to be likely, I'd be after a UG, and possibly a U also, in UTA livery.

• 2 months later...
On 22/4/2022 at 9:14 PM, leslie10646 said:

....the number of us prepared to pay about £300 sterling for a steam loco isn't that great....

300 quid is etched brass and n/s superkit territory anyway.

I think there's a lot of us in the hobby who feel entitled to have top-notch models at rock-bottom prices - that's how the Internet has conditioned us to think. It's an extension of the oul something-for-nothing. In a weird way, if you go back to the days when real railways were still being built, people wanted new lines....but didn't want to pay for them either. The more it changes, the more it stays the same.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Funny this thread has resurfaced. just last night I gave my 475 a run and it packed up 🥲

I suspect by the sound it’s making now, the worm gear just slides on the wheel. My suspected guess is that the rear wheels are dragging of the side of the chassis…My one on particular has never ran particularly well but I’m eager to get this locomotive running smoothly again. Will probobly have to be sent back to Rodrick though (it’s only had about 4-5 hours running time total and it was lubricated midway through) 

DaninhisDen, 00 works are also doing this loco in the LSWR / KESR 0330 version, near as dammit to the CBSC job. Otherwise you can get a 3D print from Shapeways /Rue d’Etropal design, and look round for a suitable RTR chassis (sorry I can’t help with that)

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 1

Not a Bandon 0-6-0t but I priced up a No 90 from Shapeways/Rue d'Etropal design and I thought it rather expensive after all the add on's from the basic price plus a Terrier chassis. Then consider can I/you get a good finish on the printed body? I took a rain check on that one.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Northroader said:

DaninhisDen, 00 works are also doing this loco in the LSWR / KESR 0330 version, near as dammit to the CBSC job. Otherwise you can get a 3D print from Shapeways /Rue d’Etropal design, and look round for a suitable RTR chassis (sorry I can’t help with that)

I think Shapeways also do a Bandon tank - though equally I think someone mentioned somewhere that it wasn’t a very good print?

2 hours ago, Mike 84C said:

Not a Bandon 0-6-0t but I priced up a No 90 from Shapeways/Rue d'Etropal design and I thought it rather expensive after all the add on's from the basic price plus a Terrier chassis. Then consider can I/you get a good finish on the printed body? I took a rain check on that one.

Evidently, their 3D printing equipment is far from up-to-date, and finishes can be crude. I have seen several that are acceptable enough, but others that are horror stories and certainly not worth a tenth of the high price charged. But each to their own....I was considering getting a couple of MGWR 6-wheelers from them, but they don't look great.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Thanks 1