GSR 800 class - Maedb in 7mm scale

Rate this topic

fishplate7

Some photos for us fellow modellers to drool over! With the kind permission of, and on behalf of Sean Hogan who commissioned it, this is his recently completed gauge O, 7mm working scale model of the GSR's flagship 800 class steam locomotive 'Maedb'. It was built by Brendan Kelly from a kit, which I believe was produced, many moons ago, by the Model Railway Shop in Monck Place in Phibsboro, Dublin. Eoin Murray then completed the valve gear, painted, lined and detailed the model. The photographs do not do it justice - it is a magnificent model in every respect, and massive credit is due to the skills and talents of Brendan and Eoin in bringing it to fruition! 

20201006_192708.jpg

20201007_214927.jpg

20201007_215006.jpg

20201007_215017.jpg

Edited by fishplate7
  • Like 12
  • WOW! 6

1 hour ago, fishplate7 said:

I believe was produced, many moons ago, by the Model Railway Shop in Monck Place in Phibsboro, Dublin.

Just to clarify;-

This model is from a kit of parts made by Brendan Kelly, Brendan built 4 of these models a few moons ago from his own patterns for members of the MRSI club.

The Model Railway Shop did produce a kit of the GSR Class 800, but that was a different animal!

Eoin 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, murrayec said:

Just to clarify;-

This model is from a kit of parts made by Brendan Kelly, Brendan built 4 of these models a few moons ago from his own patterns for members of the MRSI club.

The Model Railway Shop did produce a kit of the GSR Class 800, but that was a different animal!

Eoin 

Thanks Eoin for the clarification! 

39 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Did these McGowans have any connection to the pub in Phibsboro of the same name?

I was wondering about that myself. Although the McGowans had a bar in Stoneybatter before they came to Phibsboro.

Hmm, I never heard of them having a bar in Stoneybatter before the Phibsboro one. In fact as a student I worked behind the bar in the Muddy Boot in Stoneybatter. That place was owned by Martin McGowan but the bar his family owned in Phibsboro was long established at the time he opened the one in Stoneybatter. Maybe there was another bar there they had a connection with but it was never mentioned to me.