Murphy Models OO gauge

Rate this topic

burnthebox

1 hour ago, burnthebox said:

Wow. Two thoughts. 1 it hasn't actually sold yet that's just an asking price, and 2. Thank merciful hour I collected my MM rolling stock between 6 and 3 years ago. Just shows there scope in future for re-runs of some of this stuff with the newly expanded Irish market despite its relative small size.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Niles said:

There's been a plethora of Craven 1509s up at quite high prices considering they're still available in Marks Models at the original RRP. Can (almost) understand it with the stuff long out of production but...

Unfortunately 1509 is a very poor runner, it suffers the same unbearable wobble the RPSI livery cravens suffered. It requires a relatively easy to do user fix to stop the wobble via minor surgery between the bogie pivot and the coach body, or a brass Murphy Model shim washer that was made available through Marks Models. I appreciate getting the bogies off without damaging the coach poses a genuine fear issue for some owners. Same design tooling as the earlier coaches, just a different factory and different plastics. The orioginal MM Cravens run really well.  To the naked eye or even with a callipers you cannot see any difference.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

Those 150 quid mk2as will sit there like the 275 quid 201s. Asking prices aren't selling prices. Last ones I got on eBay were for 60 and that was like a month ago. Still expensive for one coach but not completely mad.

So where does that put me, having got 5 Cravens, & 2 MK2D’s at €35.00 Each, & free post from Spain....?

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Unfortunately 1509 is a very poor runner, it suffers the same unbearable wobble the RPSI livery cravens suffered. It requires a relatively easy to do user fix to stop the wobble via minor surgery between the bogie pivot and the coach body, or a brass Murphy Model shim washer that was made available through Marks Models. I appreciate getting the bogies off without damaging the coach poses a genuine fear issue for some owners. Same design tooling as the earlier coaches, just a different factory and different plastics. The orioginal MM Cravens run really well.  To the naked eye or even with a callipers you cannot see any difference.

There’s a difference in the tooling around the buffer shank area. With the rpsi ones I had to glue the buffers back flush with the end of the corridor connections to stop buffer lock when reversing them over even large radius points. 

• Like 1

Girls
To the best of my knowledge MM has taken legal action against the Spanish seller
The items that were for sale were supplied by the original manufacturer in breach of contract
Basically the manufacturer made more models than were ordered and sold them on to a third party
They were not bought from someone going out of business
So these items are the property of MM
Anyone who bought them from the Spanish seller may have to return them to MM, so not the bargain they appeared tp be.
Caveat emptor!!!

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

6 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Girls
To the best of my knowledge MM has taken legal action against the Spanish seller
The items that were for sale were supplied by the original manufacturer in breach of contract
Basically the manufacturer made more models than were ordered and sold them on to a third party
They were not bought from someone going out of business
So these items are the property of MM
Anyone who bought them from the Spanish seller may have to return them to MM, so not the bargain they appeared tp be.
Caveat emptor!!!

In simple terms, how would a supplier, be it MM or somebody else, prove that the items were not bought by one retailer from another, and that they were indeed over-produced by the factory without the permission or knowledge of the supplier?

Would they have to do so through the courts in the country of manufacture?

Sadly, China does not have the best reputation internationally for protecting copyrights and intellectual property, and I always wondered what would happen if one of the factories did something like this.

How many models were over-produced without PM's knowledge?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I think the action is against the Spanish seller, 
Also 2 other companies who used the same manufacturer were stung similarly

Gobshites in the two factories, so.

Running thousands of coaches for PM, and they only run three or four extra units of each!

I mean, what was the point?

They earned nothing from that.

The price tags were aged, so they'd sat somewhere a few years before Jose of El Imperio bought them.

If they had any sense in the two factories, they'd have run 2500 extra Cravens and 2500 extra Mk2D's.

Set up 20 eBay accounts, sell two coaches per month from each eBay account, launder 2500 dirty coaches over 5 years, no problem.

They'd have just about finished laundering the Cravens when the Mk2D's were produced, so the timing would have been perfect.

Not that I'd know anything about scams like that, of course...

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

22 hours ago, burnthebox said:

So where does that put me, having got 5 Cravens, & 2 MK2D’s at €35.00 Each, & free post from Spain....?

I've been informed that there is currently legal situations occurring around this supplier so I will kindly ask ALL POSTERS not to bring up this retailer again until it's all cleared up. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • WOW! 2