Brookhall Mill - A GNR(I) Micro Layout

Rate this topic

Patrick Davey

Looks like you all had a great day!

I have to say, from looking at the pictures, not only does Brookhall Mill look wonderful in its own right - but it looks to be really versatile. The variety of rolling stock that you had is incredible and must have been very entertaining for the audience!!

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

Looks like you all had a great day!

I have to say, from looking at the pictures, not only does Brookhall Mill look wonderful in its own right - but it looks to be really versatile. The variety of rolling stock that you had is incredible and must have been very entertaining for the audience!!

Yes it was brill - great chats and amazing layouts and models!  Yes the idea is that the mill survived until the mid-1970s to allow exactly that, a wide range of stock, much of which was kindly loaned for the day by Alan, Paul, Gareth and Kieran - super super models! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Due to multiple bizarre shunting errors at Castlewellan, Banbridge and Lisburn, a BCDR carriage has somehow ended up at Brookhall Mill and Mr. Weaver is currently on the phone to both Amiens Street and Queen’s Quay frantically trying to get it sorted! 

06C6E6C0-36C9-4129-AF30-D85767D12B70.jpeg

4A2EE420-C323-42BD-BA37-04B0BA14820B.jpeg

The offending carriage has been moved to The Ammo Platform for the time being and its unfortunate passengers must remain at the mill until they can be rescued…. 

Edited by Patrick Davey
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Patrick Davey said:

Due to multiple bizarre shunting errors at Castlewellan, Banbridge and Lisburn, a BCDR carriage has somehow ended up at Brookhall Mill and Mr. Weaver is currently on the phone to both Amiens Street and Queen’s Quay frantically trying to get it sorted! 

06C6E6C0-36C9-4129-AF30-D85767D12B70.jpeg

4A2EE420-C323-42BD-BA37-04B0BA14820B.jpeg

The offending carriage has been moved to The Ammo Platform for the time being and its unfortunate passengers must remain at the mill until they can be rescued…. 

And there was me thinking it was an outing of the Tullywellan, Ballyroney & Ballygowan Pigeon Worriers Club!

• Funny 3

The passengers ended up staying the night at the mill and the hospitality was so good they don’t want to leave this morning.

One of them wasn’t totally happy and said it was lucky it was only 1949 because if it had been 2023 he would be moaning about it on X and phoning Stephen Nolan. 

Edited by Patrick Davey
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

Apologies, it's probably me causing some of the confusion here. The carriage, a Brake 3rd, currently parked at Brookhall Mill (possibly full of drunk passengers) was built from a Bill Bedford etch that had lurked in Patrick's projects drawer for about 10 years. The same kits are now rebranded as Mousa Models products and available from them. 

Wizard Models do seem to stock some Bedford etches, mostly detailing stuff like brake levers and W irons, but not the Mousa carriages. None of those detailing bits appear on the Mousa site so could they be older remaindered stock?

PS: Just checked the Wizard site again and I notice most of the Bedford items are 'out of stock' which does seem to suggest a product line being run down

Edited by Tullygrainey

8 minutes ago, Tullygrainey said:

Apologies, it's probably me causing some of the confusion here. The carriage, a Brake 3rd, currently parked at Brookhall Mill (possibly full of drunk passengers) was built from a Bill Bedford etch that had lurked in Patrick's projects drawer for about 10 years. The same kits are now rebranded as Mousa Models products and available from them. 

Wizard Models do seem to stock some Bedford etches, mostly detailing stuff like brake levers and W irons, but not the Mousa carriages. None of those detailing bits appear on the Mousa site so could they be older remaindered stock?

That makes perfect sense, and is doubtless why I couldn't find BCDR stock on their website!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...