GM EMD Locomotive Reverser Keys

Rate this topic

Wexford70

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Believe it or not................

There was one of those, years ago, kicking about in one of the RPSI dining cars, long before the RPSI had any interest in diesels. As far as I know, it went into the rubbish at one stage, as nobody knew what it was!

Should have flogged it on eBay!

You see BR "T" keys appear on there all the time, sometimes for a pittance, sometimes for stupid money. I often wonder who buys the things

39 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I know!

I don't know what became of it, but ebay wasn't in existence in those days!

Fair enough! 

6 minutes ago, Blaine said:

Easy to jam a piece of wood into the slot, serves the same function too.........old drivers tales

The same can be said for "T" keys. Various 'bits and bobs' can function as a substitute.

16 minutes ago, Blaine said:

Easy to jam a piece of wood into the slot, serves the same function too.........old drivers tales

That's interesting, never heard that before, or never heard any of the fitters mention that? , The notch on the end of the key was a kind of release mechanism for safety reasons. Maybe the piece of timber worked? If I see some of the oul drivers that I knew, I will ask them. Paul....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...