Murphy Models 201

Rate this topic

201bhoy

Great picture I've only ever seen one other picture and that's the one with 208 and 209 on the lagan bridge

So whats the story with the two 201's ? Did one fail and need to be hailed back?

Same here! You don't have that picture saved do you? It's not on Eiretrains any more :(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep the thread alive, spotted this pair out the window this evening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2438[/ATTACH]

Basically 233 failed at Clongriffin on the 16:50 Connolly-Belfast, causing major disruption north of Howth Jct. 076 hauled the entire train back into Connolly, where 206 then hauled the train out into the wash road as seen in the picture, which is nice, as you can see 074 on the Tara too!

Edited by Eiretrains

Very nice Anthony. Some good attention to detail, the headlight casing is fully painted the correct color and not warning panel yellow or orange as on 220 and the other 201's. For the life of me I can't understand why the windscreens are not flush glazed on the models when you consider the retail price. Top job well done.

Rich,

• 1 month later...
As far as I know they are all 4 ohm

That's good, I was considering tracking down one of the earlier releases, and didn't know whether or not to budget for a replacement speaker as well - Both the current Loksound and the current Zimo can use 4 ohm speakers of course, whereas the previous Loksound used 100 ohm ones.

Thanks and regards,

-Rob

For more photos and video upload of Ballykay's latest addition click the link

[http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/37-Anthony-s-Workbench?p=10223&posted=1#post10223/SIZE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2501[/ATTACH]

Yes the colouring is perfect shade of blue, Iv seen lighter shade of blue and it looks awful, but you have it just right, a perfect shade of ''NIR blue'' best livery there ever was on these locos, trust me.

Regards

h.gricer

Edited by h gricer

• 3 months later...

Hehe, its fine on start but having a 'little' trouble on the curves (which are fairly gentle, the tightest is a 26" radius after the terminus junction, the others are 36-40" including the viaduct..

Works much better pushing the rake too - has more trouble pulling :) I reckon the snot will do the job tho - anyone know if there is an IE/UK stockist?

Hehe' date=' its fine on start but having a 'little' trouble on the curves (which are fairly gentle, the tightest is a 26" radius after the terminus junction, the others are 36-40" including the viaduct..

Works much better pushing the rake too - has more trouble pulling :) I reckon the snot will do the job tho - anyone know if there is an IE/UK stockist?[/quote']

http://Www.modeljumction.info had it before. Worth a look