A30 Sold Out.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

38 minutes ago, Fowler4f said:

A30 sold out ! Yesterday IRM Website showed 32 in stock, ouch as I was going to buy one later this year, when Crossley sound decoders came available.

They appear to be back, along with a few A42’s and A1’s 

plenty of crossley engined locomotives to choose from 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

It must be indicative of my minority tastes, that the A Class which I ordered (years ago, it seems) turned out to be the least popular .........

I’m the same boat, A30 seems to be by far the least popular. However I suppose that is to be expected as the “orange” era seems to be the more popular one. Anyone that worked with one seems to lean towards Black and Tan liveries due to how grimey the earlier A class liveries could get 

0801AB3E-E028-455A-AD2F-1BA07AD89C0C.thumb.jpeg.74580d1d008be2cf9a5e3b97ddf41669.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • WOW! 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, leslie10646 said:

It must be indicative of my minority tastes, that the A Class which I ordered (years ago, it seems) turned out to be the least popular .........

I wouldn't have considered the Crossley engined A Classes until I saw them in the flesh. They seem to have a bit more character than their' successors [EMD/CIE] and the silver livered versions look great, go mór mhór, when the sun is shining as there is a lovely gleam off them. Can't wait to get a set of silver and green passenger wagons to haul behind them - they'll surely look even better.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 7:02 PM, Fowler4f said:

A30 sold out ! Yesterday IRM Website showed 32 in stock, ouch as I was going to buy one later this year, when Crossley sound decoders came available.

It's been well proven at this stage to not hang around and leave it until the last second, as Paddy Irishman seems to always do. IRM offer instalment options too, so no excuses if you want one, you can have one

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Blaine said:

It's been well proven at this stage to not hang around and leave it until the last second, as Paddy Irishman seems to always do. IRM offer instalment options too, so no excuses if you want one, you can have one

Your post is repulsive and racist, "P###y I######n". The IRM UK webite shows all A Class sold. Having purchased 18 A class locos already, I will not take any lessons on how to spend my money from anyone such as you. End of conversation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Fowler4f said:

Your post is repulsive and racist, "P###y I######n". The IRM UK webite shows all A Class sold. Having purchased 18 A class locos already, I will not take any lessons on how to spend my money from anyone such as you. End of conversation. 

I'll go and put the kettle on, milk/sugar?? 

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Blaine said:

I’ve only met one person to use that phrase, I believe we met at paddy murphy’s stand in Inchicore last month…

regardless, of any of that. I’ll stand by that IRM gave fair warning on this site that once each loco was gone, that’s it! about every day for 2 years we got a reminder that if you want one, pre-order asap….

1 hour ago, Fowler4f said:

Your post is repulsive and racist

“I hear your a racist now father”

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I’ve only met one person to use that phrase, I believe we met at paddy murphy’s stand in Inchicore last month.. 

Correct, ironically discussing the availability of models after people left it late to purchase them, leaving it to the last minute and missing out as a result... 

• Funny 2

Dude, your OP said you wanted to buy one "later in the year". im sure if you said it was an imminent need one of the team would have pointed you at the right site there and then.

I bought 2 packs of spoil wagons to make conflats the week before IRM did the warranty restock and had some 3 packs of actual conflats available. much to my annoyance, but nothing could be done.

Cant really go blaming the company because you got a sudden bout of fomo. specially with A30 still available from most of the resellers

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, Westcorkrailway said:

I’m the same boat, A30 seems to be by far the least popular. However I suppose that is to be expected as the “orange” era seems to be the more popular one. Anyone that worked with one seems to lean towards Black and Tan liveries due to how grimey the earlier A class liveries could get 

0801AB3E-E028-455A-AD2F-1BA07AD89C0C.thumb.jpeg.74580d1d008be2cf9a5e3b97ddf41669.jpeg

Oh I get proxy vertigo looking at that precarious image. The Italian Job comes to mind! :) 

So why not check the .com website? It seems a very logical step to take.

For future reference, it would be a good idea, and again, is nobody's fault but your own.

Also, to add an example, I recently wished to purchase some couplings. They were out of stock on the IRM website but in stock on the Accurascale website.

I posted here, asking for help with the issue, and within days, IRM had them listed as in-stock on the IRM website.

WestCork did inform you that A30 was in stock on the .com website on June 9th, the same day that you posted saying that they were out of stock, without specifying which website you were referring to.

All slagging / banter aside, there is not much that anybody can do to help you if you do not ask. Nobody is a mind-reader, not the IRM lads nor the forum members.

I hope that you have learned from this, and that you are happy with the loco that you purchased, either way.

• Like 1

The stock levels and availability are different because Brexit forced IRM to split the inventory up. It was much easier before Brexit when we were all in the same market. Tis no different to comparing amazon.com and amazon.co.uk: Totally different stock levels and availability because the goods are physically located in different places to service their own markets. The only difference is, if you email amazon and ask them to shift stock from one country to another so you can place and order, they will politely tell you to go away.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

The stock levels and availability are different because Brexit forced IRM to split the inventory up. It was much easier before Brexit when we were all in the same market. Tis no different to comparing amazon.com and amazon.co.uk: Totally different stock levels and availability because the goods are physically located in different places to service their own markets. The only difference is, if you email amazon and ask them to shift stock from one country to another so you can place and order, they will politely tell you to go away.

True.

If the blame really has to be passed around, thank the idiots who voted for BrExit and sympathise with those who didn't.

• Like 1