MRSI Dublin Show 2024 - All New Venue - All in One Hall

Rate this topic

Blaine

• 5 months later...

Maybe this is just me, but I kind of prefer individual classrooms with corridors between. I feel like it kind of allows for better compartmentalization of layouts, as well as providing quieter spaces, which could be viewed as important as a growing number of railway modellers (myself included) are being diagnosed with autism, and so naturally quieter spaces could help provide a relief from louder areas. At the Great Electric Train Show 2023, in Milton Keynes, I remember much preferring the two upstairs balcony areas to the louder downstairs hall (apart from a high-pitched buzzing that I can only assume came from some rogue electrical component or speaker). I think I’ll start another thread about this as it’s kind of an important issue, but isn’t very relevant to this topic.

On 20/11/2023 at 5:56 PM, Blaine said:

The Model Railway Society of Ireland are proud to announce their next bi-annual Dublin show - to be held in the All New Venue of Mount Temple School in Clontarf, except finally its All in One Hall, no more cramped corridors or crowded classrooms

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

In our old haunt is St Pauls in Raheny we had several complaints from both exhibitors and traders
that they were not getting enough footfall in the smaller classrooms as opposed to the folk in the main hall.
We will see what the reaction is to the new venue and then see what is best for everyone

• Agree 1

Yeah, I do of course appreciate the needs of all involved with the exhibition, I'm just saying that quieter spaces need to be provided. At the Wexford show, which I have just left, there was an area just before you entered the main hall, where there was tea, cakes etc. I thought this functioned really well as a quieter space (although I didnt at any point feel the need to avail of it). Maybe classrooms aren't the way to go, but I feel they do provide a much more conversational and friendly atmosphere, apart from being a little more sensory-friendly. But then I suppose the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.