Production Complete - A First Look At Our Bulleid Open Wagons

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

17 hours ago, Fowler4f said:

Just fitted Kadee No.17 to all my open wagons and tested with height gauge.

Spot on.

IMG_0128.jpeg

IMG_0127.jpeg

IMG_0129.png

well that good news then,no bodge needed at all, I picked up some Kaydees in Enniskillen Model Shop the other week and so will check too. 

14 hours ago, raymurph said:

Delighted to add my 3 beets to my mixed goods train(thanks to @leslie10646), looking forward to the flats arrival soon. Many thanks IRM.

Apologies for the stand in brake van. 

More I see the silver the better it gets as a livery, I can see why they chose to paint them like that in the 1st place, Sparkles for a moment....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

''More I see the silver the better it gets as a livery, I can see why they chose to paint them like that in the 1st place, Sparkles for a moment....''

I assumed they were galvanized?

Eoin

Mine Arrived today, Weighty little buggers! The floor is diecast and cold to touch!. The Brake gear finesse in itself. Pushed it along a flat surface and running is free an smooth! Sprung buffers too and lovely metal wheels.

Unfortunately no permanent way just yet to give them a run.

Gotta hand to the the folks putting these together as there is not a hint of a drop of glue or residue on any of the separate detail pieces. I would hate to have an dexterity test for that factory!

No tools to hand to fit a kaydee to so I will leave that off for the fear of damaging the detail but a comparison pic attached when paired to a Hornby MN tender. Micro difference really nothing to worry about. :)

10 outa 10  in all fairness. It certainly is quality for the price.

Downside Forgot to order the Earlier FS variants and one pack already sold out!

image.thumb.png.5d527e4544ef598b97cafe367ba45579.png

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 7

On 11/6/2024 at 10:07 AM, murrayec said:

I assumed they were galvanized?

Eoin

Correct, galvanised rather than painted.

But chassis remained grey up to just the final years as in the model above. Anything in the modelling world based on real life before, say, 1985-90, will require purchase of the grey chassis ones.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

Quite impressed with these, the really capture the wider look of Irish wagons compared to my models of 'narrow gauge' GB opens.

Was doing some ballasting yesterday evening and found them the perfect size for keeping a small load on hand. 😁

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Hi lads,

Question for IRM boys, I Missed out on FS pack 1, Are Marks Getting some stock of these wagons as I could get it in there hopefully if they are?

image.png.86934617e811de4bb4fb16aaa2b23298.png

Hi George,

We will have more stock on sale shortly once all the pre-orders are despatched..

Regards

Andrew

• Like 2

Just to add to the many other very satisfied customers of the recently received, Corrugated Open Wagons - wonderful details, surprising weight and smooth running - congratulations IRM, - George

A Class, 39r outward bound and later return, hauling short rake of wagons on this sunny evening, as the farmers move their fattening stock before the weather turns tomorrow ! 

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Rush and Lusk said:

Just to add to the many other very satisfied customers of the recently received, Corrugated Open Wagons - wonderful details, surprising weight and smooth running - congratulations IRM, - George

A Class, 39r outward bound and later return, hauling short rake of wagons on this sunny evening, as the farmers move their fattening stock before the weather turns tomorrow ! 

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

Wow. even without the train that's some lovely modelling there.

• Agree 2

On 12/6/2024 at 10:28 PM, Rush and Lusk said:

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

Hi  George, great minds think alike. From my old layout before I ripped it up 😥

IMG_20230514_191619.thumb.jpg.8f6e19a7647ddbe7b3d76fce887a2c69.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Rush and Lusk said:

Hi Derek, great minds indeed - we both like that very natural scene, I plan to use another version of it again as its an activity most people can relate to. Thats a very nice looking layout of yours !. Thanks, George 

Hi George, yes I intend to use a version of the  "cattle scene" again too. And that version of the layout is definitely" WAS". It,s  gone now

• Like 2