BnM Preservation

Rate this topic

LNERW1

3 hours ago, LNERW1 said:

Again, any members in or near Laois, the Coolnamona trip is still going ahead of there’s enough people, please do express interest here. Even if you don’t live near Laois, could schedule it for the afternoon to allow people to travel. There’s also a good few motorway hotels only around 1km from the site, so if staying overnight is more convenient for most the trip can happen earlier.

yip i have time this n next week but once harvesting starts, i will have very little time,
count me in, Coolnamona or where ever, as long as the choice of sites makes sense on a few levels.

Westland horticulture also have peatlands, they might have locos, i was suppose to meet them, about other business, but the lead went cold.

19 minutes ago, Metrovik said:

I for one, would be very interested in this, We should see if bord na mona are willing to fire up an engine for us. ( I realize that's very unlikely.) Should be a good trip if numbers are high enough.

Having been onsite before, the engines’ batteries have been removed and their coolant, oil, fuel, etc. tanks have been drained, so I doubt BnM would be rushing to play trains for us. I agree, should be great if we can get enough people interested, anyone please rate the thread five stars to try and get it to as many interested people as possible. Thanks!

This is great to hear, the C&L are doing more than anyone to preserve BnM’s railway history. Not only that, they have so many preserved vehicles that they could open an entire transport museum. The top loco appears to be a Wagonmaster, the bottom a rebuilt one. Went to the C&L just a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

i have 3 axial trailer, if someone is buying these, i be talking combines with  ken graham, stradbally, this week, he might be good eye to look over those before buying one, i will ask him.

and we would also need tracks, n a shed. 30 bog train wagons

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MOGUL said:

Ah go on, buy it…

Seriously though, the loco looks to be recently overhauled with modern controls, touchscreens, etc. Hope they find a good home.

15 hours ago, MOGUL said:

pritty sure the isle of man bought one of those for upwards of 20 grand. sure will sell cheeper here

Just seen this on Facebook. Stradbally Woodland Railway have taken delivery of Bord na Móna Wagonmaster diesel loco LM335 which worked the local bog at Cúil na Móna. Some nice pictures on their social media .. see link below

image.png.ae0215aa41e5e792a5a1551db2304e7d.png

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/JgHqZ9U4ThBqAcmc/

image.png

Edited by Flying Snail
Removed duplicate image
  • Like 3

Saw that earlier- although BnM actually flat out told me LM335 was going to Stradbally when I inquired months ago. Considering not even all the SWR volunteers knew, I’m not sure they should have said so. Although it’s possible they had to say so due to freedom of information, IIRC it was a volunteer buying LM335, so hopefully anyone involved with Stradbally can clear that up.