Timmycork's workbench

Rate this topic

timmycork

Hi lads,

Said I'd post what I was working on, ye may have some advice for me.

Got an airbrush set over Christmas and have just started trying it out.

First off I tarted to smarten up my few buffer stops, resprayed the black and brushed on the red.

image.jpg

Will put red led in at some point, think it improved them anyway.

The photo is a bit of a shocker although they killed few passengers CIEs employee safety record was nothing to write home about. Apart from the public wandering about the guy that looks like an Inspector and his side kick seem to be standing dangerously close to that wire rope if its under tension, at least the crane is clipped to the rails a practice long outlawed in the UK.

Interestingly one of the figures seems to be wearing a hard hat and another high-vis shoulder panels. Apart from letting Sean Citizen have a wander around th guys p

The photo is a bit of a shocker although they killed few passengers CIEs employee safety record was nothing to write home about. Apart from the public wandering about the guy that looks like an Inspector and his side kick seem to be standing dangerously close to that wire rope if its under tension, at least the crane is clipped to the rails a practice long outlawed in the UK.

Interestingly one of the figures seems to be wearing a hard hat and another high-vis shoulder panels. Apart from letting Sean Citizen have a wander around th guys p

Ahh, 1974 would make even more sense then. As said H&S pretty much non existant. I thought that cable under tension was a cordon-off rope!! Yet probably the most dangerous bit there.

Why was clipping to the rail outlawed?

Ahh, 1974 would make even more sense then. As said H&S pretty much non existant. I thought that cable under tension was a cordon-off rope!! Yet probably the most dangerous bit there.

Why was clipping to the rail outlawed?

At a guess, it might bend rails out of alignment and /or stress rail fastenings if crane moved under load?

Edited by minister_for_hardship

At a guess, it might bend rails out of alignment and /or stress rail fastenings if crane moved under load?

Apparently allowed on the Continent probably ok for lifting along the centre line of the crane, but don't attempt to slew unless the outriggers are fully extended otherwise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz22Wty5Rks.

If it clipped I would imagine a steam railway crane would take the track panel with it if it overturned. It doesn't take much in the way of lad to overturn, usually an outrigger that's not fully extended or blocked.

Timmy, shes beautiful! whats the story with the wheels?

Thanks, looking forward to showing my friend who gave it to me,

I have the original wheels, like I said I had intended having it stationary for a loading/unloading siding, after seeing glenderg's pic it's hard not to want to recreate the scene!!! Think the wheels will be put back on!!!

Thanks, looking forward to showing my friend who gave it to me,

I have the original wheels, like I said I had intended having it stationary for a loading/unloading siding, after seeing glenderg's pic it's hard not to want to recreate the scene!!! Think the wheels will be put back on!!!

go on and do it ya good thing!!!:)

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...