Photographic Website Updates

Rate this topic

I have to ask.. as a wannabe photographer how do you get around so much and get to see so much and get such great shots each time.

Im in awe at some of your great pics.

a little post but not much from what i can see.

Looking at the clarity of some of your pics.. do you use a tripod on the station.?

Edited by Chevron

Good evening all,

A major update from me tonight, featuring shots from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Monday:

Shots from Kildare and Heuston, with 22039, 222, 215 and 223 in attendance at Heuston

17134326406_79c8294b4a_z.jpg

Tuesday:

Just a quick photo of 22036 in the morning and 741 in Tullamore

17158610662_796ebb816c_z.jpg

Wednesday:

215 on the 1900 Heuston - Cork and a few others

16972724518_cef7f11c17_z.jpg

Regards,

Kieran

A few pictures from March and April this year now uploaded to Flickr. :D

Some of PWD, freight and passenger workings :)

16350930483_cf2c8a344a_n.jpgIE 087 back in traffic on IWT Liner, East Wall by Eiretrains, on Flickr

16274278894_8fbb138357_n.jpgIE 085+088 Top-Tail HOBS, Kearneystown by Eiretrains, on Flickr

16636224910_1e164f5682_n.jpgIE 075 discharges the HOBS, Straffan by Eiretrains, on Flickr

16582036609_52a6f72054_n.jpgIE 219+Mk4 'Intercity' train, Docklands by Eiretrains, on Flickr

16671292146_0bb9ff7178_n.jpgIE 'Enterprise' 206 IWT, Kearneystown Bridge by Eiretrains, on Flickr

Plus a video!:tumbsup:

Evening folks,

A vegetation clearance programme has recently taken place on the Foynes Branch. This is to allow the ongoing study funded by Shannon Foynes Port Company to be completed to help develop the case for reopening the railway line to freight traffic. To see the progress so far, I took a trip between Limerick and Foynes on a very sunny Saturday 18th April.

Click http://smu.gs/1yIlBBp to view. The pictures start at Rossbrien on the outskirts of Limerick and continue all the way to Foynes.

DSC_3595-S.jpg

DSC_3645-S.jpg

DSC_3728-S.jpg

The latest pictures uploaded to the website this evening featuring:

- 206 at Connolly before its trial to Belfast Central.

- 084 at Portarlington on a spoil train.

- Enterprise 233 at Carn Bridge on the 1620 Cork - Heuston. A rarity on Cork services.

- 215 at Deer Park Bridge on the 1800 Heuston - Cork.

Photos start at http://smu.gs/1Dheyek

The Wanderer.

DSC_3848-M.jpg

Well, it's years since I took many photos, as anytime I'm on a train for yonks, I'm usually too busy as I'm working on it. But I'll say this here - knowing that many know who I am - unless a law is passed prohibiting photography in a public place, I will never, ever, ever, obey an instruction from anyone whether in any uniform or not, to stop taking pictures. In fact, depending on the circumstances, I'd be inclined to make a point of taking photographs. If the law genuinely prohibits it on the spot I'm standing on, fair enough. Not otherwise.

Edited by jhb171achill

Well, it's years since I took many photos, as anytime I'm on a train for yonks, I'm usually too busy as I'm working on it. But I'll say this here - knowing that many know who I am - unless a law is passed prohibiting photography in a public place, I will never, ever, ever, obey an instruction from anyone whether in any uniform or not, to stop taking pictures. In fact, depending on the circumstances, I'd be inclined to make a point of taking photographs. If the law genuinely prohibits it on the spot I'm standing on, fair enough. Not otherwise.

Did I miss something JB?