Retro livery.

Rate this topic

Don't think so now after seeing 231 in the new common user livery which is just the new Enterprise livery without the red and purple swirls. I think the slate grey would look very well on the 201s, could only see it happening if they brought back some of the withdrawn 201s as they can only work freight dues to their couplings and buffers. Can't see that ever happening.

Maybe they'll put them in Black & Tan which would also look well and compliment the existing slate grey or any remaining Black & Silver

What is the new common user livery and what locos will carry it and why?

Will it be replacing the green and silver 201 Intercity livery? If yes are all the mk4 intercity green and silver coaches going to be repainted?

Would seem bizarre if IE plan to change the mk4 livery scheme for a dull black and silver one.

The common user livery is just going on 231 and 233 for the time being. Only locos equipped to haul the refurb Enterprise stock that are excess to the Enterprise loco pool will get the livery. The Intercity livery is staying on all the non Enterprise equipped push pull locos as is.

The common user livery is just going on 231 and 233 for the time being. Only locos equipped to haul the refurb Enterprise stock that are excess to the Enterprise loco pool will get the livery. The Intercity livery is staying on all the non Enterprise equipped push pull locos as is.

Thanks Railer, that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a few hours from work to nip up to the Junction the other week. Thanks to a road closure I missed it coming through Tipp town

here are pic or two of just north of the Junction.

492_9231rd.jpg

492_9227rd.jpg

Near Elfin I took these couple that you may find of some viewing pleasure.

493_9301rd.jpg

493_9337rd.jpg

493_9351rd.jpg

• 1 month later...
What has 071 been doing since the 40th anniversary unveiling? Will it be re-painted back to grey or will it stay orange for a while? Just wondering will it appear hauling the taras for example?

It's been in Inchicore since the 40th tour, an electrical fault has been found in one of it's bogies and there are no bogies ready to swap it with so it's in until they can find the fault and fix it.

Thanks Railer! Thats a shame, would have pesented some interesting photos!

Yeah, was hoping to see it on the taras myself. I reckon they will leave it in that livery for a year at least, hopefully longer like the DART25 logos still around despite them being 31-32 now.

The 071s never worked taras until the A class were retired and 201s took over tier 1 passenger services and by that stage they were all in IR livery.

Just to correct the above info.

After the tour 071 was due a B Exam. On this exam wheel flats were found and the loco was sent to the wheel lathe. The wheels wouldn't take a turn. i.e. went below scrapping size so the loco was stopped until new wheelsets were available.

The loco got a new set of bogies about two weeks ago. The new bogies were grey which looked very odd (I was sent a picture) against the black underframe. Thankfully Inchicore have since painted the bogies black. Some electrical gremlins seem to be in the new bogie(s) as the loco kept getting a wheelslip indicator when trying to move in the shed. This was repaired and the loco was available for service over the weekend and was nominated for service today to take over the Waterford - Ballina DFDS at Kildare. But, while going LE from Inchicore to Heuston the loco got ground relays so was failed and sent back to Inchicore. Fault finding planned for tomorrow.

She seems to be a lit shy these last few weeks :)

The Wanderer.