lineside mouldings of Water Towers, Stations,Platforms etc.

Rate this topic

Hello.

Having been away from IRM for some time due to family problems and got them sorted I thought it was time to return to IRM and join you guys.

I work with fibreglass and casting resins and I've decided to concentrate on castings so I'm wasting no more time and getting into the process of the above mentioned subjects and so I will be starting with Connolly Station Water Tower and though I did look at casting the turntable alongside also I decided probably not and just cast the curved wall and leave the rest to the modeller but I will also be doing other other water towers and buildings as I progress.

I'm an ex-pat from Rialto Dublin 8.

Some feedback and advice would be appreciated lads ? :banana:

Peadair

Hello.

Having been away from IRM for some time due to family problems and got them sorted I thought it was time to return to IRM and join you guys.

I work with fibreglass and casting resins and I've decided to concentrate on castings so I'm wasting no more time and getting into the process of the above mentioned subjects and so I will be starting with Connolly Station Water Tower and though I did look at casting the turntable alongside also I decided probably not and just cast the curved wall and leave the rest to the modeller but I will also be doing other other water towers and buildings as I progress.

I'm an ex-pat from Rialto Dublin 8.

Some feedback and advice would be appreciated lads ? :banana:

Peadair

I could certainly see a market for prototypical Irish lineside products. There have been very few available to purchase except for the signal box, station and engine shed by Bachmann and a few others by smaller companies. It would probably be prudent to appeal to as wide a group of modelers as possible by producing line side products that were prevalent prototypically. I'm not sure if anyone has ever posted a thread looking at the architecture of line side structures of (for instance) the GSWR, that may have been built to a general design. The product, (say) a water tower, might appear prototypical at any one of several stations being modeled or just for general use.

Guinness keg stacks would be one I'd be interested. They are available, but I can't get my head around the prices! Buffer stops were also discussed here some time ago, I know there are a few interesting examples still on the network. Platform sides is one that I'd definitely be interested in also.

In answer to the prototypical question the answer is to produce as many as possible from around the country based on layout popularity and possibly an individuals needs.

With regards to the Guinness kegs Buffer stops and platform sides are already in the pipeline and as for time wasting well thats something I never do and I wont be looking for orders so to speak as thats for another section of this forum but suffice to say that all of the subjects mentioned + more will be produced in quantity as much as possible.

I am not the answer to all the Irish railway modellers needs and wants but I do bring on here 40 years of experience to the table as a master modeller from the time in Rialto back in the sixtys as a boy when my deceased brother gave me a slap for touching his Flying Scotsman loco lol to radio control cars planes helicopters drones hovercraft Jetfoil/Tinfoil hydrofoil model powerboating with gps and authomatic control capabilities + garden railways and an 800sq ft workshop fully equipped with all I need with no need to out source any work whatsoever and loads of experience in GRP and castings and design.

Im here to help the modeller not screw him or her.! Workshop pics to follow soon.

Peadair........

• 4 weeks later...
In answer to the prototypical question the answer is to produce as many as possible from around the country based on layout popularity and possibly an individuals needs.

With regards to the Guinness kegs Buffer stops and platform sides are already in the pipeline and as for time wasting well thats something I never do and I wont be looking for orders so to speak as thats for another section of this forum but suffice to say that all of the subjects mentioned + more will be produced in quantity as much as possible.

I am not the answer to all the Irish railway modellers needs and wants but I do bring on here 40 years of experience to the table as a master modeller from the time in Rialto back in the sixtys as a boy when my deceased brother gave me a slap for touching his Flying Scotsman loco lol to radio control cars planes helicopters drones hovercraft Jetfoil/Tinfoil hydrofoil model powerboating with gps and authomatic control capabilities + garden railways and an 800sq ft workshop fully equipped with all I need with no need to out source any work whatsoever and loads of experience in GRP and castings and design.

Im here to help the modeller not screw him or her.! Workshop pics to follow soon.

Peadair........

:-bd:-bd:-bd

Peadair........

looking forward to seeing the workshop pics:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

sorry I've been away for so long trying to get myself organised but once this move is over I will be back to normal (does that mean I am abnormal)? I've have a Hino truck ready for casting beer kegs A class body lots more other stuff and I will also try my hand at diy for you guys that want to know with some video tutorials n stuff although I'm very ignorant of most things on Irish Rail modelling so please make allowances for me as I'm always willing to learn, I'm also looking at the class 22000 with a view to castings so any advice there will/would be helpful and taken wrennaire advice bout 7mm construction so that's on the table also.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...