Rate this topic

ttc0169

With some surplus bogie wagons becoming available ,I have found other uses for them,

The first one is 30001 which has been converted to a winch wagon consisting of two winches at either end for the lifting of old rails, the winches can be posed as can be seen in the following photos,

Here we see a Sunday morning operation where C class locomotive 225 has arrived alongside the permanent way gang hauling the winch wagon and the 30 ton brake van,

When the gang have dismantled the track panel, the winch wagon is called for to dispose of the old rails.:tumbsup:

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4609.JPG

IMG_4616.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

• Like 7
  • WOW! 2

22 hours ago, Midland Man said:

May I ask how do you have such amazing stock so detailed? Love the brake van.

I suppose I am quite fortunate to be in a position to have access to the real trains, so I can see up close what is required on the model versions,

Thank you MM :tumbsup:

• Like 3

With the real retro liveried 071 class locomotives 071 & 073 being allocated to work Tara mines trains over the last week, it was time to recreate the scene on Tara junction,

073 is seen here exiting from the Lakeview freight yard and traversing the crossovers with the empty Tara mines train while en route to Tara mines,

• Like 6

Another elusive wagon that can be see from time to time on the Irish rail network is the bogie carrying 42' wagon,

I first saw the real wagon parked on a siding in Ballina having been included in the consist of a liner train from North wall, the wagon would have originated from the wagon works in Limerick.

The reason for the wagon being in Ballina was that a few days previous a bogie timber wagon developed a fault with two of its bogies while en route to Ballina from Waterford and needed replacement bogies, the work was done in Ballina freight yard by jacking up one end of the timber wagon and removing then replacing the bogies at both ends,

As I have some surplus MIR bogie wagons I decided to construct the frame and to fit it to the wagon, I loaded four spare ''new'' bogies and the wagon was worked to the MPD by locomotive 083,

I recently found a photograph I had taken of the wagon which I have included for comparison purposes, :tumbsup:

IMG_E4629.JPG

IMG_E4627.JPG

IMG_4628.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

IMG_3948.JPG

• Like 12

Anyone fancy a pint of Guinness?

Locomotive 187 is seen here coupled to the liner which is made up of two MX 20' wagons with 270 barrels of Guinness on board and some two axle bulk cement wagons, The bulk cement wagons will be dropped off at Tullamore while the Guinness wagons will be left in Athlone with 187 returning light engine to the MPD.

IMG_E4715.JPG

• Like 8

When locomotive 187 failed with a burst water pipe on the platform at Tara junction locomotives 190+184 were taken off the branch train and used to assist the failed liner,

This provided the rare sight of a triple headed liner train.....

• Like 2

Weekend engineering works taking place at the Lakeview freight yard has produced some permanent way department trains,

0117078 is seen here passing through Tara junction station returning from the worksite with some old track panels and the Donelli gantry while going in the opposite direction is the laden two axle ballast hopper train being hauled by locomotive 161.

• Like 6
  • WOW! 2