Rate this topic

ttc0169

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yes, my favourite too!  2005 they started with the yellow ends which they kept when they were repainted into the Inter City Green / Silver.      Always looked better on the Orange though 😀

So the yellow faces with the orange livery was pretty short-lived?

Love that orange livery on them!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

How long were the 201's painted like that?

Orange livery with full yellow faces.

Was it only for a year, around 2006?

Rob is correct-they didn’t last long after being repainted,203 was one of the cleanest when it was stored in 2009. 
I’ll dig out a photo I took of the stored locomotives in 2009. 

• Like 2

I think the first Intercity yellow end (228) was early 2005... the orange ones got the full end treatment around 2005/6 (just 'non-pushpull' oranges 201-205 and 210-214). Then they got sidelined around 2009 after the ICRs took over the Heuston Intercity routes. 

At least one of the 'original Enterprise livery' locos got the full yellow end treatment around that time too... 233 off the top my head but I think most remained as is until the second Enterprise livery came in. 

Edited by Niles
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Niles said:

I think the first Intercity yellow end (228) was early 2005... the orange ones got the full end treatment around 2005/6 (just 'non-pushpull' oranges 201-205 and 210-214). Then they got sidelined around 2009 after the ICRs took over the Heuston Intercity routes. 

At least one of the 'original Enterprise livery' locos got the full yellow end treatment around that time too... 233 off the top my head but I think most remained as is until the second Enterprise livery came in. 

Murphy Models 233 in Enterprise livery has full yellow faces, whereas 230 in the same livery just has the yellow strips. How long did that Enterprise livery, worn by MM 230 and 233, actually last?

• Like 1

230 'died' in the original scheme (well, out of use since a fire in 2012!)

The second Enterprise livery came in around the late 2000s, I think 8208 (I think @mphoey has pics of it newly outshopped?) was the only loco to get it ... the others went straight from '1st' to '3rd' Enterprise livery after the stock was refurbished in 2015. So most of them carried the original scheme until around 2015 or so.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Niles said:

230 'died' in the original scheme (well, out of use since a fire in 2012!)

The second Enterprise livery came in around the late 2000s, I think 8208 (I think @mphoey has pics of it newly outshopped?) was the only loco to get it ... the others went straight from '1st' to '3rd' Enterprise livery after the stock was refurbished in 2015. So most of them carried the original scheme until around 2015 or so.

That's good, so a nice ten-year run for that livery, so.

2 hours ago, RedRich said:

That is an amazing Bell liner with 121's double heading. We need a video Noel.

Rich,

Couldn't agree more Rich. It wasn't that long ago, that seeing such high quality RTR models of both the 121 and 42' flats on a layout, would have been only in our dreams. Lovely stuff as always Noel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The festival of 121 haulage continues on Tara junction,

Another train this time a passenger that was exclusively worked by 121 class locomotives from their introduction in 1989 until 201s took over during 1995/96 was the Mk3 push pull sets,

Here we see locomotive 130 push a Mk3 set with control car 6101 leading while working the 14:05 Dundalk-Dublin Pearse 

132 hauls a northbound Mk3 set with control car 6105 trailing while working the 13:50 Dublin Pearse-Dundalk,the first two coaches have yet to receive the tippex white stripe livery.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ttc0169 said:

With thanks to Glenderg models for the stunning tail lamps-the 1991-2004 version is now on the rear of the gypsum wagons along with an IRM instanter coupling suitably weathered of course.....👍

2102F231-2422-4BD7-AE5C-736E69C4BD65.jpeg

4EFA20D4-26DC-4599-BD5A-30B084692528.jpeg

11FD6456-D60C-4967-A55B-3ADC93B48E7F.jpeg

13754226-465D-4598-9930-AAF9AD3D15C6.jpeg

They look fantastic.   Looking forward to getting hands on mine shortly- they look really great!!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedRich said:

They look amazing Noel. Richie also has some excellent wasp stripe boards for the locos that haul the weedspray Train in the Glenderg range. The IRM instanters are smashing also.

Rich,

Thanks Rich,

Wasp stripe boards seen here on 177

709F8EAC-486E-4C6C-AFD9-36A6E9D59AED.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sunday night freight on Tara junction. 

New arrival locomotive 129 is seen here working in multiple with 187 as they haul the heavy laden bogie cement liner through Tara junction heading to Cork from Platin cement works. 
129 has been fitted with a 567 power unit while 187 has a 645 power unit. 

The bogie on 129 have been given a light dusting to represent cement dust and this has highlighted the rotating axle boxes to good effect. 

• Like 5

Before the Christmas passenger rush takes place, the chief civil engineer at Tara junction decided to some some ballasting work around the station and tunnel areas

This involved the use of three ballast trains-two two axle hopper trains and the bogie HOBS set,

Here we see retro liveried locomotive 071 hauling the laden HOBS through the station to the discharge point in the tunnel,

The HOBS have been fitted with external lighting-just like the real train

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

they sure do, Tell us about them Noel and what magic is needed, are they coin cell operated or from the bogies?

Hi George,

They are battery powered with the unit fitted into the hopper,some modification is needed to remove the interior detail to allow the battery pack sit in place. 
This allows for the ballast load to cover the battery housing and this can be removed to switch on or off the lights. 

• Like 4

Four hours of non stop action condensed into a five minute video of Christmas Eve operations on Tara junction,

127 arrives at the platform with the passenger & mail train from Cork,

132+126 pass with an up Westport Mk2 set closely followed by 

Push pull set control car 6101 leads the set which is being pushed by 130 forming a Limerick to Dublin service

Then 187+129 lead a ten piece Mk2 a/b set on a Galway-Heuston working 

Lastly and most importantly 134+124 lead the laden Guinness liner through Tara junction. 

Enjoy🍺🍺👍👍

• Like 7