Model Railway Exhibition & Collectors Fair, Enniskillen

Rate this topic

GNRi1959

Model Railway Exhibition & Collectors Fair

Cathedral Hall Enniskillen

Saturday 30 September

10am-5pm

An amazing display of model railway layouts including Diecast Collectors Models, Scenic Materials, Plastic Construction Kits and all sorts of modelling assessors available from traders on the day.

I have been asked to attend by the organisers as they are bringing a model of Omagh GNRi station along that I built some 25years ago.

It would be a treat to see this layout. Omagh GNRi station is a static model of the entire station area built by me and purchased by the local Library HQ for display in their new premises. I may bring a collection of railway photographs with me to display. The offer to attend was dropped on me today by the organisers and I couldn't say no.

Edited by TonyMcGartland

It would be a treat to see this layout. Omagh GNRi station is a static model of the entire station area built by me and purchased by the local Library HQ for display in their new premises. I may bring a collection of railway photographs with me to display. The offer to attend was dropped on my today by the organisers and I couldn't say no.

Good idea to show photographs of the prototype with the model. I have a few photos of Llangollen station enlarged and laminated for display also.

The people who own and secure the model of Omagh GNRi Station are unable to allow it to leave their premises in Omagh as the organisers cannot find a suitable and safe means of transporting it to Enniskillen. It is housed in a solid oak frame and heavily glazed. I hope to still attend with a small display of 12x8 prints.

• 4 weeks later...
I look forward to seeing this as I am starting to collect some O-gauge GWR stock...

Would you be needing any Peco 0 gauge bullhead flexible track? I have 2 boxes still unused,(each box has 12 yards track). I can bring to Enniskillen on Saturday if interested. Would be looking for £50.00 / €60.00 per box.

Regards, John

* Now provisionally sold *

Edited by irishmail

Just back from Enniskillen, congrats to everyone involved. I was blown away by Llangollen - it was a truly amazing Layout. It gave me fresh ideas on what N is capable of. I voted accordingly. Thanks Gerry for your advice. I also met Wrenneire which was nice. So sorry that i missed a couple of others whom i was told were there - Kirley and Andy Cundick.

Edited by TonyMcGartland

I also attended this exhibition earlier today and was a little disappointed with the lack of any CIE/IR/IE/NIR modern image layouts,

It was a nice venue with free parking within a short walk from the school,

Great to meet some of the gentlemen from the IRRS who were there on a day trip from Dublin,

I enjoyed Llangollen,a marvel in miniature-well done Gerry.

There were a few layouts aimed mainly at the younger generation, and only two that I had any interest in, a large OO gauge in the main hall which had a coach fitted with a small CCTV camera that was connected to a monitor and an O gauge DCC controlled steam depot the shed being based on Portadown.

I may give this one a miss next year,

Next on the list is the annual pilgrimage to Blackrock and after that Warley :trains:

I think it's time we had an Irish Railway Modellers Badge so when we go to shows we are easily identified.

I think a similar idea was discussed on RMweb sometime ago, not sure if it ever came to fruition or not. But would be a good idea if something could be introduced for IRM members to wear and possibly to display on their layouts at exhibitions and shows too.

Just back from Enniskillen, congrats to everyone involved. I was blown away by Llangollen - it was a truly amazing Layout. It gave me fresh ideas on what N is capable of. I voted accordingly. Thanks Gerry for your advice. I also met Wrenneire which was nice. So sorry that i missed a couple of others whom i was told were there - Kirley and Andy Cundick.

Thanks guys for your nice comments on Llangollen and great to put some faces to the names. I enjoyed the show - well organised and friendly -thanks to all the folks there for their sterling efforts. I took a few shots from around the halls as time allowed. A good variety of gauges and subjects with a number of vintage layouts also. Will be returning next year with another layout...

DSCF1688.jpg

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1689.jpg

DSCF1690.jpg

DSCF1691.jpg

DSCF1692.jpg

DSCF1693.jpg

DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1695.jpg

DSCF1696.jpg

Good idea. :tumbsup:

I have suggested before that badges with the appropriate avatar picture on might help, too.

Keeping an eye out for soldering iron burn marks, orange paint under the fingernails and glue in the hair (of those that still have any), would also help.

Here is a sample;-

IRM Name Badge-01.jpg

Here is template-01;-

IRM Name Badge-Template-01.jpg

Here is template-02, it has a second field if you want to use your name and user name;-

IRM Name Badge-Template-02.jpg

Save the template, add your info in a paint program or print it out and write in your name, then mount it on some hard card and tape on a safety pin at rear and ready to go

Nice photo of the show Gerry, great to see

Eoin

Here is a sample;-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28757[/ATTACH]

Here is template-01;-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28758[/ATTACH]

Here is template-02, it has a second field if you want to use your name and user name;-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28759[/ATTACH]

Save the template, add your info in a paint program or print it out and write in your name, then mount it on some hard card and tape on a safety pin at rear and ready to go

Nice photo of the show Gerry, great to see

Eoin

Nice one Eoin, :)