Irish buses.

Rate this topic

Northman

Hi all,looking for the following buses:-NORTHCORD IEBUS0005 Volvo ALX400 - Dublin Bus Coastal Tour

CORGI OOC OM 46203 CITYLINK GALWAY IRIZAR PB1:76 MODEL BU

PM me if you have one for sale.Cheers.:tumbsup:

•  

Edited by Northman

• 1 year later...

I don't know if you obtained any information on this over the weekend but CIE bought 6 Bedford OBs in 1949 for Dublin Airport services.  They were numbered BP1-6 with Roberts bodies.  

BP5.jpg.dd5c359738fa5012c59e06e44df9a0a3.jpg

The model you have is probably of a Duple bodied OB.  Corgi produced a model of one as owned by Guinness.  The real coach later passed to Lavery Coaches.

il_570xN.1730668094_8t82.jpg.c2f0bca8ef31409a3464c2c494d31eda.jpg

• Like 1

In the early 1980's a bedford OB  on hire was used by rael-brook shirt factory (skerries shirts)in blackrock county dublin to provide transport home for its staff. Prior to the bedford ob they used their ford D series box van which in the evening they converted by adding  seats around the perimeter for the same purpose(Prior to H&S)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 8:56 PM, Tarabuses said:

I also came across this Duple bodied OB.

71315008_10219787126411389_2142265529023332352_o.jpg.c3c3d1cd0fccece05637f0b133c2dd68.jpg

A recreation/reboot of the original privately run Connemara Bus which gained some fame though a popular song.

This particular bus is a swimmer, ie came over in recent years from the UK, hence the modern ZV reg. I don't know if it's still operational.

• Like 2

Howth has another OB, ex Aherlow Bus Service, has a large destination box and in half restored condition. Hard to tell what it once was, probably grey and red judging by the very few pics of it online.

Judging by the production run, there should have been reasonable numbers on the roads here at one time in the hands of small private operators. One appeared in that awful Irish set film High Spirits with Peter O'Toole.

Aherlow Bus Service GUX188 Bedford OB Duple Vista built 1951 originally Lloyd, Oswestry. National Transport Museum of Ireland, Howth 28.9.14

Edited by minister_for_hardship
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Does anyone here know if there is a diecast version of the Van Hool D class planned/upcoming? 

When I was on Facebook, I was member of an Irish Model bus group, a member of which put together a small run of the KD, and old Leyland Atlantean, which were fantastic. Since leaving Facebook, I now have no way of knowing if he is doing a new run or not, and I would hate to miss out if he did the Van Hool D - my favorite Irish bus of all time.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

Does anyone here know if there is a diecast version of the Van Hool D class planned/upcoming? 

When I was on Facebook, I was member of an Irish Model bus group, a member of which put together a small run of the KD, and old Leyland Atlantean, which were fantastic. Since leaving Facebook, I now have no way of knowing if he is doing a new run or not, and I would hate to miss out if he did the Van Hool D - my favorite Irish bus of all time.

As far as I know there will be a run of the Van Hool D class by the people behind the KD and Metsec D later this year. Work is currently in progress on them.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

As far as I know there will be a run of the Van Hool D class by the people behind the KD and Metsec D later this year. Work is currently in progress on them.

Cheers,

Fran

Ah nice one!

If/when you know when they can be ordered, please let me know here, as I am not on Facebook & would really hate to miss these!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 4:25 AM, skinner75 said:

DB Green Van Hool D class i believe up first,  hopefully before Christmas

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, mphoey said:

as far as i am aware they are all accounted for already as preordered when announced last year 

Arghhh!!!!! My bloody favorite Irish bus of all time and this happens!
When I left Facebook, I lost access to the Irish Buis models group, which was where I was hearing about upcoming releases. I thought I had asked Derek to keep me posted on future releases by Messenger, which I retained when I left FB, but I could be wrong, or he just forgot. 

Either way, I really hope they aren't all pre-sold, and that I get a chance to pick these up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

Arghhh!!!!! My bloody favorite Irish bus of all time and this happens!
When I left Facebook, I lost access to the Irish Buis models group, which was where I was hearing about upcoming releases. I thought I had asked Derek to keep me posted on future releases by Messenger, which I retained when I left FB, but I could be wrong, or he just forgot. 

Either way, I really hope they aren't all pre-sold, and that I get a chance to pick these up.

If it's anything like our pre-orders you always get a few drop outs before they land, so I would keep the faith! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...