1/32 Scale Mountfleet Round Table Minesweeper

Rate this topic

A few more hours spent today in joyful solitude in the shed with some CD's. Major surgery with a repositioning of the engine room vent pipes, Despite going off the plans the location measured was not correct and they had to be move up and over a tad. you can see the original position in the photos. Wheel house deck is now in place too. Hours spent with little to show!

The Ladders were also attached and the handrails soldered up to the main rails. All good fun!

after all that work decided to treat myself to a can.

IMG_7260.JPG

IMG_7261.JPG

IMG_7262.JPG

IMG_7263.JPG

IMG_7264.JPG

IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7266.JPG

IMG_7267.JPG

IMG_7268.JPG

IMG_7271.JPG

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 5
  • WOW! 1

Moving Along nicely and one of the most eagerly awaited jobs, The Armour Deck Plating. 

2 Sheets of paper were provided in the kit, Yeah right that will cover the hole thing plus on top of it I made a balls of two attempts do lay the Plates so had to order a pack of 50 sheet. Just trying to get a suitable Rivet head was problematic, Tried a Dart, Drill bit, Grinding bit, some other bits in bobs but nothing great, In the end I round off a 2mm brass rod and put into a pin vice and pressed each one in to each plate, marking out 5mm per rivet and 2mm in from the edge. A long process.

Plate are glued with PVA watered down, What ya think?

Also had to solder up a short shot cleat with some smaller brass rod onto this davit., The Shiney bit are Telescopic Aerial cut up, looks quite nice!

IMG_7280.JPG

IMG_7275.JPG

IMG_7276.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

IMG_7278.JPG

IMG_7279rd.jpg

• Like 4
  • WOW! 2

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Would be nice if it did with some steam pouring out and sound!

here's Anchor Windlass in action on the Waverly on a trip to the Thames Forts which seems ages ago, Well worth the money which is pretty reasonable. Got up early to see her leaving the Sunday morning after out trip. Check here out. A Great day out https://waverleyexcursions.co.uk/

IMG_5285.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1

27 minutes ago, KMCE said:

The Waverly does get about.  Some years ago she operated off the East Coast and was operating tours from Wicklow down towards Arklow.

Very nice ship!

Yes  1986 , Me Dad took me Mam for a spin on it. I was not invited!! It was only 2.50 for a spin, That would of been 12 mars bars.

She can't do in now as it is classed as an international voyage and need more stuff onboard to cover insurance and safety than would be worth it. Shame.

image.thumb.png.d5c5c0c645c6e34339a35303a2502201.pngimage.png.08cb024b6c9759c750c72839e4ef86d9.pngimage.thumb.png.5496f8d0da4a9e70d8c7c82d34b5bbbf.png

• Like 1

The Latest bit done were the, bow cable drums,  Rear Stove Pipes and the Rear Mast with brass rod and a Top of an old aerial for the middle bit and gun deflectors to the sides. Also the depth charge rack was made, about 2 days work on and off along with the depth charges.

Coming together nicely now.

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7396.JPG

IMG_7399.JPG

IMG_7393.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

IMG_7402.JPG

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 4
  • WOW! 1

Morning Chaps

Should of been in SNN right now watching an ultra rare  IL-62 to take off which is happening in the next few mins but instead listening and watching on Flight Radar, Bit Lazy this weather :/

Some update again with the Depth Charge Rack near nearly done and a bit of weather on the anchor Winch.

IMG_7445.JPG

IMG_7447.JPG

IMG_7448.JPG

IMG_7449.JPG

IMG_7450.JPG

IMG_7451.JPG

IMG_7442.JPG

IMG_7443.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Lads,

Thanks for the Comments, Been Beavering away here and have managed to get a few small items done over the past while but the most tedious one has been done and that is the Armoured Deck Plating and punching the Rivets but I have that done Saturday all day and I have now pre shaded with white and Black and then laid the green on the top. I am quite pleased with this as a Flat green Deck would of looked a bit toy like. Took it out in he ambient light to see though what it looked like. Weathering also has been started on the Box, Front Gun and ammo Boxes by the Main cabin.

Sunday took the the Knockmealdown mountains for a 13K hike to calm me nerves after slicing the top of my Left hand thumb off with the Scalpel! Parents were not available or supervision for Help at the time

IMG_7545.JPG

IMG_7546.JPG

IMG_7547.JPG

IMG_7548.JPG

IMG_7549.JPG

IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7552.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

IMG_7554.JPG

IMG_7555.JPG

IMG_7556.JPG

IMG_7557.JPG

IMG_7518.JPG

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 6
  • WOW! 2

Thanks Noel,

the shaft has no gland neeed Noel,  its an apparently a Sealed Shaft but this will be packed with Silicon RC Grease to stop any leaks as the shaft is below waterline. That worked on the ol fellas puffer that leaked through the shaft, Squeezed some Grease into it and sorted! No leak.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 5:35 PM, Georgeconna said:

Yes  1986 , Me Dad took me Mam for a spin on it. I was not invited!! It was only 2.50 for a spin, That would of been 12 mars bars.

She can't do in now as it is classed as an international voyage and need more stuff onboard to cover insurance and safety than would be worth it. Shame.

image.thumb.png.d5c5c0c645c6e34339a35303a2502201.pngimage.png.08cb024b6c9759c750c72839e4ef86d9.pngimage.thumb.png.5496f8d0da4a9e70d8c7c82d34b5bbbf.png

Is that thing still running? I'd love a trip on it...........

A Call into Halfords on the way to Carrauntoohil to pick up some rattle can primers saw the hull painting begin yesterday, Pre shading now next. Red for the bottom as this hopefully will be hard wearing and grey on the top part! Done outside yesterday before the rain came back again.

Hand Rail cappings done also and you can see the Bulwark supports are in on the Port side.

Not the greatest of photos as I am using high ISO.

Pics of the mountain too! Damp!

IMG_7612.JPG

IMG_7613.JPG

IMG_7569.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 4

Thanks Popeye,

There a Reservoir in Fermoy about 20 mins drive away (great for Fresh water swimming too) or I meet the 'Boat' Lads on a Sunday am at the Atlantic pond by the GAA Grounds in Cork City.

Probably test it in Fermoy first to save embarrassment of failure in front of loads of people on their Sunday walk in Cork!

image.png.f79b12d2e3dab845cbe40f0ba7b0817b.png

https://www.facebook.com/310124885762805/posts/some-of-model-boats-sailing-yesterday-on-the-atlantic-pond-for-the-irish-examine/3268586226583308/

the Motley crew

• Like 2